Ex players and that

15 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe so but he's got a deal at a club higher than our level

Indeed his physical attributes will make him useful to many teams at the lower end of league 1. Although Wiseowl suggests he would play in the championship and that defenders couldn't handle his amazing runs which is simply rubbish he would have added goals and assists had that been the case. Hes just one of those players whose technical abilities didn't unfortunately match his physical ones.

Edited by GlossopLatic

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe so but he's got a deal at a club higher than our level

Some folk still think we're a top side and can't get it into their head that we're in the shit pit.

Good on Fane, obviously better than some give him credit but isn't that true of most who work in shit jobs all their working lives?

If Shrewsbury sort out Fane's passing (more than a yard..), tackling, dribbling, heading and shooting, they've got one of hell of player.

Good luck to the lad and all that jazz, but he could sign for Barcelona and I'd still be thankful it wasn't us he's signed for.

Him turning out for Latics was the first time I thought things were REALLY going west here - literally his only contribution to the team seemed to be to get in the way of the opposition - and I don't think he even did that on purpose.  I reckon there's people who've never even seen a game of football before that could do that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

I'm confused by the suggestion Fane must be of a certain quality because he's been picked up by a L1 club. Our squad is chokka with players not good enough for L2.

It certainly begs the question but no denying he's now a League above but then so are Accrington Stanley???? How the F*ck did that happen?

How did we end up down here? that's the biggest, unanswered question of all

As someone said earlier in this thread/another thread:

’the longer you don’t play at Latics, the better you become’.

I am looking forward to Branger-Engone and Egert ripping it up when they return from injury. And as for Nepomuceno, January cannot come soon enough for me 😃

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

As someone said earlier in this thread/another thread:

’the longer you don’t play at Latics, the better you become’.

I am looking forward to Branger-Engone and Egert ripping it up when they return from injury. And as for Nepomuceno, January cannot come soon enough for me 😃

Unless the Lemmies dig their heels in and send him out on loan again to avoid having him at the club. Wouldn't surprise me.

12 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Unless the Lemmies dig their heels in and send him out on loan again to avoid having him at the club. Wouldn't surprise me.

I think Dino wants to have a look at him first. Judging by recent signings I think Dino may be getting more of a say in things. 

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

15 goals this season, would we take him now?

Nope, he’s similar to Doyle where he needs service. See Doyle for Bradford see Doyle for Swindon. He needs to be off a big man, or clever balls in behind. He won’t get that here, not a chance.

Just want to add, I rate Murphy a lot. Thought he was clever when he was here but no one could find the lad. 

Edited by LightDN123
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Shez looking for work tomorrow? 

I'm really surprised he's done so badly there.  I'm not saying that he doesn't have the ability to completely tank a job, but he had a decent budget at that level and had come off the back of two decent jobs at Fleetwood and Carlisle (look at where they are without him!).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm really surprised he's done so badly there.  I'm not saying that he doesn't have the ability to completely tank a job, but he had a decent budget at that level and had come off the back of two decent jobs at Fleetwood and Carlisle (look at where they are without him!).

He seems to be a manager who comes in give a team a short sharp injection or as someone put it a crisis manager.

He will be good for a team who requires someone to come in bang heads together and get them playing but not someone who you can build a 3 year plan around say.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:59 PM, JoeP said:

If Shrewsbury sort out Fane's passing (more than a yard..), tackling, dribbling, heading and shooting, they've got one of hell of player.

Good luck to the lad and all that jazz, but he could sign for Barcelona and I'd still be thankful it wasn't us he's signed for.

Him turning out for Latics was the first time I thought things were REALLY going west here - literally his only contribution to the team seemed to be to get in the way of the opposition - and I don't think he even did that on purpose.  I reckon there's people who've never even seen a game of football before that could do that.

Meanwhile...... the better replacement player in midfield is part of a team, theoretically, just 5 points from non-league football.

15 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Meanwhile...... the better replacement player in midfield is part of a team, theoretically, just 5 points from non-league football.

On 12/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, JoeP said:

Oh, absolutely.  Our recruitment strategy is beyond reproach.

I’ve given up moaning (for the purpose of this post..) about how shit our club is run and am now taking the piss out of other clubs instead..

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Just imagine how quickly we would have been relegated had Fane played alongside Maoche in League One. Sylla may be better to some people because he can actually play football, but hes still useless. Doesnt make Fane any good though. We have had some torrid players in recent years.

17 minutes ago, Gawbie said:

Fat boy pulling up plants!

Shez's Chesterfield ratings, not good..

Shez said the other week they’d be ok once Gerrard was back because he is the best player in the league (I paraphrase).  

In reality, Gerrard is just a fat bloke with a big mouth that used to play football.  

• Like 2