Jump to content

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:


what happens if he doesn’t.... and Halifax fade into mid table....?


I expect that to happen to be honest. Does that make him a bad manager? No. They are overachieving. He’s doing a good job.  So it’s up to him in the end. Grimsby though....

 

 

Edited by kowenicki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:


I expect that to happen to be honest. Does that make him a bad manager? No. They are overachieving. He’s doing a good job.  So it’s up to him in the end. Grimsby though....

 

 


....what’s wrong wi Grimsby?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, stargazer said:

You might want to look at the 'celebrities' on Pointless today 

Pointless sums up his time with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Pointless sums up his time with us.

His wife is a bit of a looker isn't she? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fane to Shrewsbury. Another 'no hoper' at a higher level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuinly think he'll do OK there... Hes raw, has his negatives but id take him over 80% of the current squad....

 

Too good for league one players us! 

Edited by Fruitygoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B bu but... “he’s a not even a footballer and should be non-league at best”. 

 

Good look lad. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fruitygoo said:

Genuinly think he'll do OK there... Hes raw, has his negatives but id take him over 80% of the current squad....

 

Too good for league one players us! 

 

Nah - Sylla is shit but he's miles better than Fane....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holloway and now Fane.

 

Shrewsbury clearly have very knowledgeable scouts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 5:57 PM, stargazer said:

You might want to look at the 'celebrities' on Pointless today 

Who was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JoeP said:

Holloway and now Fane.

 

Shrewsbury clearly have very knowledgeable scouts...

As opposed to us who've let a Moroccan numpty oversee our transfer business, unabley assisted by non other than the renowned domestic scout going by the name of Detective Shitpeas.

 

Fear not though, there's another load of shite inbound, due any day in January. 

Edited by yarddog73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

As opposed to us who've let a Moroccan numpty oversee our transfer business, unabley assisted by non other than the renowned domestic scout going by the name of Detective Shitpeas.

 

Fear not though, there's another load of shite inbound, due any day in January. 


Oh, absolutely.  Our recruitment strategy is beyond reproach.

 

I’ve given up moaning (for the purpose of this post..) about how shit our club is run and am now taking the piss out of other clubs instead..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is some effort by Fane’ agent, presumably a bit of clever video editing and he looks like Vincent Kompany

 

Good luck to him though, he always put in a shift, just couldn’t  control or pass s football 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

That is some effort by Fane’ agent, presumably a bit of clever video editing and he looks like Vincent Kompany

 

Good luck to him though, he always put in a shift, just couldn’t  control or pass s football 

Fane has what can't be taught and when he played alongside Byrne, so all he had to do was win the ball and play a short pass to Byrne, that combination worked well. Until teams cottoned on and stopped that short pass. 

 

In teams that have a very talented playmaker in midfield or play very direct then Fane will be a useful asset. I would imagine that would apply to Shrewsbury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shrewsbury must be desperate if they have gone for him. Useless player, literally seen him be 1 on 1 with the keeper and pass backwards. Pointless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i remember seeing Fane away at Wigan , had an absolute shocker , had the ball, dribbled with the ball , tried to pass it to an Oldham player failed that simple task , passed it to a wigan player who went up our end and scored..no big loss with him moving on as i would rather have McCann in our midfield

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used correctly, Fane is a very useful asset in leagues 1 and 2. Excellent at breaking up play and a great engine on him. I know he divides people on opinion, possibly more than anyone else but I remember saying to Mr Corney that he would play in the Championship one day. When he first came he was a revelation and made some great gut busting runs forward. Retreating defenders could not cope with his power striding forward. I`m conviced that was (very quickly) "coached out" of him. Time will tell but I will watch with interest.

 

I`ll go and put my tin hat on now. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Used correctly, Fane is a very useful asset in leagues 1 and 2. Excellent at breaking up play and a great engine on him. I know he divides people on opinion, possibly more than anyone else but I remember saying to Mr Corney that he would play in the Championship one day. When he first came he was a revelation and made some great gut busting runs forward. Retreating defenders could not cope with his power striding forward. I`m conviced that was (very quickly) "coached out" of him. Time will tell but I will watch with interest.

 

I`ll go and put my tin hat on now. 

Correct, he use to drive forward until he inevitably lost the ball due to his inability, leaving a gaping gap in our midfield. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fane brought the best out of Jack Byrne and was the player Wellens recalled when he got the job. Ironic that Bryne then went and broke his leg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon he'll be working for free or very low wages to try and prove himself for a longer contract or another club coming in for him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Used correctly, Fane is a very useful asset in leagues 1 and 2. Excellent at breaking up play and a great engine on him. I know he divides people on opinion, possibly more than anyone else but I remember saying to Mr Corney that he would play in the Championship one day. When he first came he was a revelation and made some great gut busting runs forward. Retreating defenders could not cope with his power striding forward. I`m conviced that was (very quickly) "coached out" of him. Time will tell but I will watch with interest.

 

I`ll go and put my tin hat on now. 

 

Are we talking about the same Fane that played for us?

 

Because if we are you would have noticed he kept doing those "gut busting runs" and secondly he never registered a goal or assist in over 80 games for the club because he didn't have either a pass or a shot at the end of those runs, which in reality were runs into cul-de-sacs. His physical attributes allow him to play League football, his technical attributes are pretty much National League level.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...