Ex players and that

34 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Festus Arthur (ex-youth) has signed for Hull City from Stockport for an undisclosed fee.

He looked like a bloke when he was 16.

Goes to prove that just 'cos you're released at one club it isn't the end of the World.

Best of Luck to the lads we've let go this year ! 

1 hour ago, astottie said:

Joe Jacobson scores another goal from a corner. Did he ever do that for us?

Not that I can recall. He missed a penalty tonight as well. That's a rarity. I used to live opposite him when he was at Bristol Rovers. Nice guy.

3 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Thought Noblot were potless? 

Since when has being potless stopped football clubs spending money they don't have? 😉

Wonder how many times they'll go all in for promotion before the creditors pull the plug.  

Rochdale are about the only team in Greater Manchester outside the Prem that isn't a financial basket case.  Who would've guessed that in 2000?

8 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Thought Noblot were potless? 

Not since they have been taken over however they can only sign players on no more than £4k per week and only free transfers. and loans so Im not sure how Doyle fits in with that though apparently its a done deal.

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Excellent article. And I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Didn't we call him 'The Crab'. We saw him at the Charlton train station after the game. He scored a great goal that day if I remember correctly.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:07 PM, oafc1955 said:

“They  can only sign players on no more than £4k per week”

Where have you got that from?

Quoted in papers today that Bolton signing him on £3750 a week & three year deal.  Swindon couldn’t match that despite being in league above.

Surely that’s cheap for the likes of Doyle?!  Worth a gamble including say £500 a goal or £1000 a goal if team wins.

I hope they paid off all their debts to local ambulance, police and first aid services before spending £600k on 32 year old strikers.

Oh silly me, the taxpayer probably ended up bailing them out for public services just like they did with Portsmouth, Southampton, Leeds ...