Ex players and that

Even with a wheel or two off they’ll still fare better than us....Never, have I looked forward less to a season watching Latics  than this one. 

A relegation battle and a new manager in by Christmas or even earlier is nailed on for me.

The only thing that would give me any hope at all is a change in ownership yet again. It would be risk, no doubt, but it’s a risk I’d gladly take because IMO the current custodians are possibly the worst we could have been saddled with (other than the Wigan lot🤔) and I want them out!!!

• Like 3

On 7/8/2020 at 7:20 PM, Bobledgersheart said:

I've heard it's a bit of a DUMP ( one for the Bargain Hunters there ! ).

Bob - I possess a signed copy of a book by an Oldham fella, "Victorian Dumps - Paperweights, Mantel Ornaments, Doorstops & Whimsies 1820-1914". I`m also an interesting and informative dinner party conversationalist 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

So the best part of a million spent on a long contact for Doyle and compensation to Barrow for Evatt.

Good job Bolton are so financially stable.

Next season really looks like win or bust for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

So the best part of a million spent on a long contact for Doyle and compensation to Barrow for Evatt.

Good job Bolton are so financially stable.

Next season really looks like win or bust for them.

They have new owners and the old debt has been wiped out. It really won't be win or bust.

Just finished watching the "Four year plan" documentary based on QPR ownership om their way to the prem, the early day interference and its impact....feels like we are in year two looking at the similarities.

Obviously we are no where near the financial level but it was interesting to see the change in the club when the interference stops and they stepped back and let the football people do their jobs.

Here is hoping we can eventually turn a corner aswell but I'm just finding straws to clutch now.

19 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

FFS!.....we’re now 2 divisions below the mighty Wycombe Wanderers!! 

Stability, a plan, and possibly even living within your means can do wonders. Didn't check the whole squad but the majority of players wearing shirts 1-11 have been at the club for 2 or more years. One player since 2003. The manager has been there since 2012. 

With the number of decent players that have come through our youth team over the last 10-20 years, a bit of foresight, planning, and faith in our own players rather than selling them at the first opportunity could have done wonders. Sadly it wasn't meant to be. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Just seen that Jacobson actually finished the season as top scorer for Wycombe with 12 goals!

It shows the importance of having a decent set piece taker in the team too.  We've had no threat from free kicks and corners for a while now. 

There doesn't seem to be much strategy as to who actually takes our free kicks which begs the question as to what they actually practice in training, and I don't just mean the current coach.

Even at the low level of football I "starred" at we knew who took free kicks from various spots on the pitch and woe betide anyone who failed to follow instructions.

Also being the designated penalty taker is a plus in most teams, except us of course ( I'd guess Manure have missed more this season than we've been awarded in the last 3 or 4 seasons ).

• Like 1