Ex players and that

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

IMO he was stitched up by Banide, Dino & whoever is picked the team last season. We signed him on the back of two good seasons alongside a big carthorse at Macclesfield. We either played him out wide, up top on his own or, even worse, with Desire Segbe Azankpo...

Bang on for me.

We wasted him, I think he could do OK at this level with a target man alongside him.

47 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Bouzanis has signed for Sutton...

I have that mans shirt...literally, well his GK ,match worn shirt that is

Liverpool when he went up for that last minute corner and caused havoc for Matty smith to score....how was that goal not disallowed hahah

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

£200k for a sell on clause that would have netted over a million. Good business that.

I guess a million to an extinct business wouldn’t be worth much - sold out yeah but probably kept us going at the time and Micah Richards was probably in the thinking too 

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I guess a million to an extinct business wouldn’t be worth much - sold out yeah but probably kept us going at the time and Micah Richards was probably in the thinking too 

He sold the Micah Richards one too.... and was mightily relived when he left Citeh for nowt.... cos Blitz didn’t know he’d sold it.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I see that Iacovitti has had a decent start with his new club 🙂

Billy McKay scoring. Such a gulf in terms of quality between the likes of Celtic who you would argue are top of championship/ bottom half of prem to Ross County who are mid table league 2 quality. 

8 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Billy McKay scoring. Such a gulf in terms of quality between the likes of Celtic who you would argue are top of championship/ bottom half of prem to Ross County who are mid table league 2 quality. 

The gap between the Glasgow giants and the rest of the Scottish Premiership seems as wide as ever. Difficult to say really where the teams would fit into the EFL based on level of play.

Bring back the Anglo-Scottish Cup!

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

The gap between the Glasgow giants and the rest of the Scottish Premiership seems as wide as ever. Difficult to say really where the teams would fit into the EFL based on level of play.

Bring back the Anglo-Scottish Cup!

For me it’s got to be judged on the quality of player moving there my knowledge is limited but from players I know of - 

Trevor Carson playing for Hartlepool in conference goes to Motherwell then wanted by Celtic 

McKay scoring for fun at Ross County- Couldn’t hit a barn door in England 

Iacovitti - one of the poorer players from last season - now started the last two games in the Scottish prem

Chris Killen - Scored for fun at Hibs after having an average record for us then went to Middlesborough and struggled. 

Will Haining Captain of St Mirren in the prem left them to join Morecambe 

Edited by adamoafc

Ross County have 2 wins from 2 with a strikeforce of Lee Erwin and Billy McKay.

That's the exact strikeforce (along with Freddie Ladapo) that scored 12 goals in 24 games and had 16 scoreless games for us, yet is a starting Premier League pairing up there.

That says a lot about the standard of the league.

Just now, League one forever said:

Dean Holden appointed Bristol City Manager. 😂

I’ll give him until November. 

That is an amazingly bizarre appointment- I wish him well, always came across as a decent guy although mediocre as a player and forgettable as a coach and caretaker.  Can’t help thinking that Bristol City will regret letting Johnson go - he’s got them as close to the Premier League as they are ever likely to I imagine 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

That is an amazingly bizarre appointment- I wish him well, always came across as a decent guy although mediocre as a player and forgettable as a coach and caretaker.  Can’t help thinking that Bristol City will regret letting Johnson go - he’s got them as close to the Premier League as they are ever likely to I imagine 

I agree about Johnson. The stability of having the same manager could have paid off dividends over the next couple of years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Spot on. 

I just can’t see how you look at his credentials and think he’s the man to take you up- which considering how much their owner has put in will undoubtedly be the aim. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Spot on. 

I just can’t see how you look at his credentials and think he’s the man to take you up- which considering how much their owner has put in will undoubtedly be the aim. 

After managing Latics their stats ratios can only go higher.

Edited by BP1960