Ex players and that

21 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Oh come on! It’s abit of rivalry. Let’s be fair the only reason he is there is for pocket money. Any job in pro football in England and he would be back. 

He isn’t far wrong with the standard though is he? 

Well said !

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Oh come on! It’s abit of rivalry. Let’s be fair the only reason he is there is for pocket money. Any job in pro football in England and he would be back. 

I’m fully expecting him to take over at Swindon as soon as Wellens moves on....

13 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Just thought it was a bit disrespectful, really, and can understand why it's not gone down well. 

Not sure the standard is all that different to the standard he was managing over here, really - he was at the bottom of the Conference with Chesterfield. Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have both had decent European campaigns in recent years. Players get called up internationally from time to time (Jack Byrne being one example). Cameron Dummigan can't buy a game at Dundalk and he played regularly in League 1 for us...

He's the one who decided to move over there - no-one's forcing him. If he doesn't like it he should give someone else the opportunity. No doubt there are lots of hardworking and capable people who'd jump at the chance. 

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Flip side of that is that Paddy McEleney couldn't buy a game for us but is one of Dundalk's main men...

He was before he moved to us, yep. He's scored three goals in two years since he moved back... 

Guess my argument is more that if the League of Ireland is a 'pub league', then ours probably isn't far off either. Which might well be true... 

2 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Just thought it was a bit disrespectful, really, and can understand why it's not gone down well. 

Not sure the standard is all that different to the standard he was managing over here, really - he was at the bottom of the Conference with Chesterfield. Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have both had decent European campaigns in recent years. Players get called up internationally from time to time (Jack Byrne being one example). Cameron Dummigan can't buy a game at Dundalk and he played regularly in League 1 for us...

He's the one who decided to move over there - no-one's forcing him. If he doesn't like it he should give someone else the opportunity. No doubt there are lots of hardworking and capable people who'd jump at the chance. 

The man is increasingly looking like a bit of a dinosaur.

Never won't love him though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

another one who is clearly better than he showed during his time with us.  

Players and managers should be judged only on what they do at Oldham Athletic, regardless of the sample size, anything they do before or after should be disregarded.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Players and managers should be judged only on what they do at Oldham Athletic, regardless of the sample size, anything they do before or after should be disregarded.

😂😂😂

That post is NOTED. 

. . and while I’m here. . 

By your reasoning this week (which I fully agree with)  Wellens in his time here was shit and Bunn was ok. 😉

On 8/16/2020 at 10:34 AM, OneSizeFitz said:

If he thinks it's a pub league, perhaps he does like it! 😉

Images of a day at Wembley come to mind.......

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

I'd have him back based on that... 

Fantastic news for one of our old boys

I’ve been absent for a while on here but now is the time for an update.

Last December my 6 year old daughter was admitted to RMCH and diagnosed with a very rare and aggressive cancerous brain tumour.

She endured x4 major brain operations, one of which was a bleed to the brain. She’s had countless doses of chemotherapy and also 33 doses of radiotherapy. The the odds of it working were very low!!

She was in hospital from Dec to Jun and yes Covid-19 made things ridiculously hard.

A few weeks ago she went in for a scan and I’m hugely proud to say that to everyone’s amazement the scan showed ‘no definitive evidence of residual or recurrent disease’.

I tell you this to mainly celebrate my daughter and give inspiration to others. She’s done something I don’t believe many adults could achieve ... she ‘lived’ through cancer. She smiled every day, she didn’t stop being positive, she never gave in (even when at one point she couldn’t move or talk). I didn’t hear her moan once, not once!!!

Take some perspective from this, and as my favourite quote says “everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end”.

Please share and hopefully this will reach someone who needs it.

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 15

39 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Fantastic news for one of our old boys

I’ve been absent for a while on here but now is the time for an update.

Last December my 6 year old daughter was admitted to RMCH and diagnosed with a very rare and aggressive cancerous brain tumour.

She endured x4 major brain operations, one of which was a bleed to the brain. She’s had countless doses of chemotherapy and also 33 doses of radiotherapy. The the odds of it working were very low!!

She was in hospital from Dec to Jun and yes Covid-19 made things ridiculously hard.

A few weeks ago she went in for a scan and I’m hugely proud to say that to everyone’s amazement the scan showed ‘no definitive evidence of residual or recurrent disease’.

I tell you this to mainly celebrate my daughter and give inspiration to others. She’s done something I don’t believe many adults could achieve ... she ‘lived’ through cancer. She smiled every day, she didn’t stop being positive, she never gave in (even when at one point she couldn’t move or talk). I didn’t hear her moan once, not once!!!

Take some perspective from this, and as my favourite quote says “everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end”.

Please share and hopefully this will reach someone who needs it.

Absolutely ecstatic news. 

My then 77 year old Mum survived breast and lymph cancer, then pneumonia. year before last. And so far, avoided Covid. 

I think the female species is stronger than us male! 

Edited by singe
  • Like 3