Ex players and that

Still no signs of Robbie Simpson joining a club. Perhaps that reduced package offered by Latics wasn't so bad after all...

Did we offer him a deal?

He faded with us but I am surprised he hasn't fixed himself up somewhere at least in L2. If it's a case of wages he's got to have realised owt's better than nowt and I'd struggle to believe he's had no offers whatsoever.

Did we offer him a deal?

He faded with us but I am surprised he hasn't fixed himself up somewhere at least in L2. If it's a case of wages he's got to have realised owt's better than nowt and I'd struggle to believe he's had no offers whatsoever.

Isn't he doing fairly well as a race horse owner...

Baxter scored for sheff utd.

Judging by twitter, they haven't thought twice about adopting our song either.

Since it became clear we sold him rather than him asking to leave, I'm glad to see him score, even if I have a strong dislike for Sheffield United.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the Hyde vs Woking game the other night. Hyde dominated and had all of the chances, missed a couple of sitters and Kevin Betsy scored twice in the last 15 minutes to win it 2-0 for Woking, felt familiar.

Hyde also had Adam Griffin, Will Haining, Scott Spencer and Connor Hughes. Scott McNiven is their manager and David McNiven is registered as a player for them! I'd recommend a trip to one of their games, good football.

I was at the Hyde vs Woking game the other night. Hyde dominated and had all of the chances, missed a couple of sitters and Kevin Betsy scored twice in the last 15 minutes to win it 2-0 for Woking, felt familiar.

Hyde also had Adam Griffin, Will Haining, Scott Spencer and Connor Hughes. Scott McNiven is their manager and David McNiven is registered as a player for them! I'd recommend a trip to one of their games, good football.

sounds interesting. how does Haining play these days ? any good ?

That's a sign of the times. It used to be Rochdale where old Latics players went to die (there are no two clubs in the league that have had more players turn out for both) - but now the retirement home is two divisions furthe rdown the pyramid.