Another signing - Abdelhakim Omrani

Just now, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Would it help if I posted all my Danny Boshell stories? Does anyone else remember the time when the ball was running out for a goal kick at the Chaddy End and he tried to kick it back to the goalie...but he did it before it crossed the line, giving away a corner...? 

Or that one time when he was really, really crap? Oh wait...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

... this is bringing back memories of Christian Collusso trying to 'warm up' at ISZ mid February at a night match whilst the sleet n hail came in sideways! .. these lads are gonna love it!!! ha ha 

Holland's not exactly warm in winter is it. Neither is most of France. They will be ok. 

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

These signings make me queasy. Stinks of port vale last season and that ended well

1 hour ago, oldhamoafc said:

Good luck to shez keeping all these happy and picking his best team and formation! 

Big difference to Vale this tho I think...but for Shez and his actions leading up to deadline day then I would say yeah, it would be the same. Instead, connecting the dots...Going off Alan Nixon’s deadline day tweets (which I queried and he confirmed Shez had helped “sense prevail”) this reserve team came from nowhere and Shez seemed to finally get players he wanted than these lads forced on him.

I highly suspect a compromise was...get me players I want and put these lads of Legasams in a reserve set up and if they are good enough, they’ll get in the team on merit. Whereas at Vale they were brought in and thrown in to sink or swim. 

Edited by boundaryblue80

46 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Big difference to Vale this tho I think...but for Shez and his actions leading up to deadline day then I would say yeah, it would be the same. Instead, connecting the dots...Going off Alan Nixon’s deadline day tweets (which I queried and he confirmed Shez had helped “sense prevail”) this reserve team came from nowhere and Shez seemed to finally get players he wanted than these lads forced on him.

I highly suspect a compromise was...get me players I want and put these lads of Legasams in a reserve set up and if they are good enough, they’ll get in the team on merit. Whereas at Vale they were brought in and thrown in to sink or swim. 

We have no reserve team in a league though, unless we join the French 3rd division as Athletique Oldham.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

We have no reserve team in a league though, unless we join the French 3rd division as Athletique Oldham.

Seems easy enough to sort out games against other development sides though e.g. we played Fleetwood a couple of weeks ago on Little Wembley.

Hope they give us a bit of notice though as I only watched that after seeing the Fleetwood players from the gym windows!

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

Seems easy enough to sort out games against other development sides though e.g. we played Fleetwood a couple of weeks ago on Little Wembley.

Hope they give us a bit of notice though as I only watched that after seeing the Fleetwood players from the gym windows!

Needs to be a proper league, odd fixtures are no good, but needs must I suppose.

On 9/6/2017 at 5:32 PM, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I now see why you downboated me. I have attacked your very identity. Can you forgive me? I was thoughtless and unkind. 

Can't remember which Smiths song these lyrics are from?

Edited by longtimeblue

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Sedan as in French club I think... 

On 06/09/2017 at 5:44 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

Thought he was from the Comoros Islands?

Yep Youseff was from the Comoros Islands, but we signed him from Sedan, the same club Omrani is from

On 9/6/2017 at 5:51 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

The same Alan Nixon who said there was no chance Eoin Doyle was coming , abut 2 hours before he was revealed and likely already signed up?

He hints at embargoed info, but knows no more than that.
There is no way that such a change of direction , and signatures obtained in the timescale he gave.
He was wrong footed, and had to back track.
Lee Sinnot had a much better record in the window.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, singe said:

The same Alan Nixon who said there was no chance Eoin Doyle was coming , abut 2 hours before he was revealed and likely already signed up?

He hints at embargoed info, but knows no more than that.
There is no way that such a change of direction , and signatures obtained in the timescale he gave.
He was wrong footed, and had to back track.
Lee Sinnot had a much better record in the window.

Ive not a clue about any of them tweets you’ve mentioned. I queried this tweet of his:

“Oldham. Bit of a revolution in a good way in last few hours. Doyle on. Top work. And keeper Ruddy. Vital hours in season. Sense. Prevailed”

To which he confirmed Shez had got his way and effected the change of heart. It’s entirely possible Doyle definitely wasn’t happening at one point...then something changed. And it did happen. These things do happen on deadline day.

Anyway, not sure why the concern over Nixon...my point was about why this feels entirely different to what happened to Vale. 

Edited by boundaryblue80