Sheridan's future.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't surprise me...new owners usually want their own management team in.

I'm thinking Shez will need to have us up around the playoff positions pretty sharpish in order to keep his job.

A tall order as we're already 15 points behind the 'Shrews' and 10 points off the playoffs after only 6 games. It would take 6 or 7 consecutive wins just to put us back into contention.

Harsh maybe, but I don't think this guy will have come in to oversee another relegation battle!

I think they'd be stupid to get rid of him. And it looks like that's what's happening. 

If they've got big plans, which hopefully they have, they'd be better off at least keeping that side of the "business" stable while they get settled in and get to work.

Get him onside ffs at least until January. He might even do a really good job and get us up the table in the meantime. 

And if we start signing decent players I'd be gutted as a fan if I didn't get the chance to see what Shez could do with them. 

The football we played during his first spell as manager when he had a half decent side was the most enjoyable since Royle. 

First time I saw the new players in action yesterday and looked to have added much needed quality to the squad.

I think we be stupid to get rid of Shez myself. Sort of similarities when Moore came in & got rid of Ritchie if he goes.

Didnt really want to look to much into this Shez not doing a pre match Interview then he didn't do a post match interview. 

But he wasn't at the reserves either the other day where Tommy Wright & other club officials where.

As mentioned earlier always common for new owners to bring there own bodies in which makes me think if they do keep Shez he be basically a dead man walking with the pressure on from the start.

Heard a rumour about the Lincoln managers coming in but I doubt they would leave Lincoln. They seem like they're desperate to build something there. Sounds like they've been getting paid well too after signing new contracts in the middle of their cup and promotion runs. 

Can't see them getting rid of Sheridan. Corney only has to tell him what happens to us when Sheridan isn't here. 

Does anybody else wish we could just stay in this takeover limbo where Abdallah funds players like Bryan, Byrne and Doyle and Shez can get on with pushing us up the table?

Somehow, a mega bucks completed deal which sees Shez replaced by a 'name' just seems counter to the recent positivity on the playing front.

If the takeover goes through he's a dead man walking.

If your buying a football club and you are prepared to spend alot of the money on it then you will want your own man in charge. They may already have him lined up.

I think they will be making a mistake John Sheridan knows Oldham Athletic better than anyone. He knows what the fans want we have a good relationship with him. He knows football at this level. My fear here is that they go for a foreign "name" manager who doesn't know Oldham Athletic doesn't know league 1 football might not even speak English someone like that could and probably will flop here.

These are interesting times though either way. 

Edited by GlossopLatic

46 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Sounds like a rumour made up on here (or Twitter...)

Nixon's probably had a look at Abdallah's website and the first out of work (active) manager he's come too, stuck it in the paper...

That or had a DM off Ibby

I think that's probably exactly how he came up with Walter Zenga's name and it's just a guess in the same way Ibby guessed ten Cate.

Unfortunately his sources on the Shez exit part of the story are probably more solid.

We've been crying out for someone to invest, now it's nearly here some still want to keep what we have!

at least we now have some hope. Looks like really interesting times ahead instead of the monotony of a league 1 struggle. Nobody wants to keep that surely?

A new owner purely looking at this on paper wouldn't keep Shez. His only hope is Corney putting in a good word. Hard to have too much sympathy I'm afraid. JS jumped ship pretty sharpish when he thought he was on to a good thing at Notts County.

I would prefer Shez gets until at least January though. 

32 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

We've been crying out for someone to invest, now it's nearly here some still want to keep what we have!

at least we now have some hope. Looks like really interesting times ahead instead of the monotony of a league 1 struggle. Nobody wants to keep that surely?

Yeah but we associate Shez with the glimmer of hope that we might break that monotony. 

Not trying to build on what's already here first seems a daft early gamble and doesn't bode well for their future decision making to me. 

Especially as, if poor results continue, most fans aren't going to be on his back, or theirs, as quickly as we would be if they bring a space cadet like Zenga in. 

These 'sensational' takeovers can either be a spectacular success or a miserable failure. We have seen that for ourselves. As a fan, it has been extremely hard to watch the club go through the wringer time and time again. In fact, it has been quite emotionally draining at times, even though I am always spouting that football is just a game and not a life-changing event.

I think the club has to grab this opportunity and hopefully make it work. In an ideal outcome, I would like to see Corney still involved, rather than the whole kit and caboodle being handed over to someone we have no previous knowledge of, and Sheridan being left in control of the players on the pitch.

We grasp at straws and make patchwork quilts from random snippets of information.
It's all we can do.