Bristol Rovers

Tuesday

Knew we had a pretty poor record there but didn't know it was as bad as it is. Not scored in our last five there and lost all five. Two 90th minute goals to lose and two Tuesday night defeats already as well.

Not sure why but this has striking resemblance to Hartlepool away in 2012 on a Tuesday night. A ground we had an horrendous record at, had lost four straight prior to it and people didn't give us much hope.

With the performance on Saturday and the new lads, I'm hopeful the outcome will be similar to above.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, my lad and his mate going, standing on that open terrace and the forecast looks horrendous. It's got all the makings of one of those games where you look back in a few years and say, I was there at Bristol Rovers that Tuesday night when...

Not sure how that's going to end but got a good feeling about this, maybe it'll be known as Queensy day in years to come and the 100 or so of us there will end up being a 1000 with all those claiming to be have witnessed the miracle of Bristol!! 

2 hours ago, ThaiLatic said:

The win at Eastville on Easter Saturday, 1974 was one of the best days I've ever had as a Latics fan. The two matches either side of it (both against Southport) were pretty memorable too!

As a 13 year old it was fantastic. But i remember being mightily pissed that my gran wanted to watch whatever was on t'other side. She was staying with us at the time. She kept getting up to press the button to watch some old William Holden movie.

I dont remember him being a looker, but he did it for grandma!

She actually pulled the knob off the BBC channel so that i couldnt change it!

Wish I could be there to watch Latics, but the Memorial Stadium might just be the most unlucky ground I've watched Latics in.

The first time I saw us play there was the only point I've seen us get there.  Shez put us 2-1 up but Jason Roberts scored a late equaliser.  The next year we ended up being 5 minutes late, missed Shez scoring from the touchline but got there in time to see us miss a pen and lose 3-2.  Since then it's been a mix of late goals for them and abject performances by us.

The only game there I haven't seen since 98 was in 2000 when we won 2-0.  Add that to the fact that it's one of the worst away views in the league and I don't feel too bad about giving it a miss!

16 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Wish I could be there to watch Latics, but the Memorial Stadium might just be the most unlucky ground I've watched Latics in.

The first time I saw us play there was the only point I've seen us get there.  Shez put us 2-1 up but Jason Roberts scored a late equaliser.  The next year we ended up being 5 minutes late, missed Shez scoring from the touchline but got there in time to see us miss a pen and lose 3-2.  Since then it's been a mix of late goals for them and abject performances by us.

The only game there I haven't seen since 98 was in 2000 when we won 2-0.  Add that to the fact that it's one of the worst away views in the league and I don't feel too bad about giving it a miss!

Stay at home and relax!

Shez says Omrani would have started on Saturday but he picked up a knock.

Hard to see where he would have played and in whose place - Gevaro? Certainly not Byrne, Bryan or Gardner....

Assuming he's in and Hunt is still out...

Ruddy

Edmondson

Gerrard

Clarke

McLaughlin

Bryan

Byrne

Gardner

Omrani (where though?)

Doyle

Davies

Queensy though? Bench again? 

It seems daft with us not having won a game yet but I don't see how he can drop any of the other 4 in midfield unless Byrne or Bryan are a bit stiff after playing miore games than they've been used to 

18 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Shez says Omrani would have started on Saturday but he picked up a knock.

Hard to see where he would have played and in whose place - Gevaro? Certainly not Byrne, Bryan or Gardner....

Assuming he's in and Hunt is still out...

Ruddy

Edmondson

Gerrard

Clarke

McLaughlin

Bryan

Byrne

Gardner

Omrani (where though?)

Doyle

Davies

Queensy though? Bench again? 

It seems daft with us not having won a game yet but I don't see how he can drop any of the other 4 in midfield unless Byrne or Bryan are a bit stiff after playing miore games than they've been used to 

Bryan will go left side of the 5 at the back, McLaughlin on the other. Omrani holding?

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It takes a unique kind of weirdo to go to Bristol on a Tuesday night when we've not won all season...

Wouldn't disagree with this, but would point out that making almost 6000 posts on a football forum is also a unique kind of weird. 

In my defence the last few years since my lad turned into a teenager and decent company on the journey etc, I normally decide at the beginning of each season to go to every away game. This normally falters around the time of year known as Gillingham away, there's something about that game that I just can't get excited about but so far this season I'm still up for it. The fact we haven't won doesn't really make much of a difference, surely we would've all stopped going years ago if we were glory supporters.

As for the team, I'd be surprised if Shez changes much from Saturday. The new lad didn't look as though he had played wing back before not sure if Shez will stick with him...think George should be given time to settle in, he will learn quickly from playing alongside Clarky.

I've got a good feeling about this game, we have turned a corner now, we will win tomorrow.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Been twice on the terrace and don't have bad memories of it being such a bad view. Granted those two visits were back in 2008 my memory might have faded.

Anyone else think it's a particulary bad view?

What's the best place to park? Appartenly there is nothing at the ground?