Bristol Rovers

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Just seen this, singe. It didn't come from a cold, flu or any virus. It's down as community acquired pneumonia. Both lungs filled with fluid, one more than the other. It also caused an irregular heartbeat. Bit of a bugger, really.

Hope you are getting better Bristols - I just had boring old single Pnuemonia a couple of weeks ago but you had to go one better eh?

In case you missed it the commentary team gave you a shout out just before the second half, thanking you for the constant feedback if they are on air or dropped out.

and as for missing your first Bristol game in 20 years ........  bwwaahhhahhhaaaaahhhha  :tongue1:  :lol:  :D

once again all the best!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love seeing us score goals, but its shocking how poor we are from set pieces. 2 in 2 from a free kick from the same areas. And the raffle winner was stood completely flat footed for the first. Nice to know Rob Hunt can step into left wing back in what looks like a promising 11. Love how Ruddy has conceded 4 in 2, and noone seems to be giving him the stick Wilson got!

8 minutes ago, youngen said:

Love seeing us score goals, but its shocking how poor we are from set pieces. 2 in 2 from a free kick from the same areas. And the raffle winner was stood completely flat footed for the first. Nice to know Rob Hunt can step into left wing back in what looks like a promising 11. Love how Ruddy has conceded 4 in 2, and noone seems to be giving him the stick Wilson got!

I want what they call dick fingers in net

What a rollercoaster of emotions - In control of the game until Byrne went off on 80 minutes - hopefully it was because he was tiring and not injured.

That winner was so sweet and deserved after the performance. Confidence is growing after the last three games. We are up and running!

Edited by TheBigDog

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

They are all on loan until January (not sure when in January- might well depend on their signing date).

Bryan being on loan from Citeh and Byrne being unwanted by his parent club in our division makes me think they will still be available for a rest of season loan. As Bryan doesn't seem likely to get loads of games in the Championship, so why not remain in League 1 playing week-in, week-out. The difference in playing for us as opposed to playing for say Blackburn is minimal.

Doyle, I'm not too sure about, as if he keeps scoring goals there may well be a clamour for him to go back to PNE. 

You're still thinking with an "owned by Corney" mindset.

If the takeover has gone through we should be better placed to pay to either extend these loans or sign them permanently. I hope. 

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You're still thinking with an "owned by Corney" mindset.

If the takeover has gone through we should be better placed to pay to either extend these loans or sign them permanently. I hope. 

Provided, of course, that we are prepared to sign players who aren't owned by Abdullah.

On a side note, the atmosphere when Rovers scored their two goals was brilliant from their end.

Granted it was dire all game, but from their point of view it was Oldham at home with 123 visitors.

Made a proper racket and atmosphere, something most League One grounds can't, Northampton, MK, ourselves from recent memory.

Part of that I suppose is because more a less every stand looked full. Bet a Bristol Derby there is electric. 

6 minutes ago, singe said:

If he's travelling with us to places like Bristol Rovers away on a wet and stormy night then that's potentially a good sign, isn't it?

I suspect someone else sent him the footage but whichever way you look at it, winning 3 points in that manner can only help to get him hooked.

10 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Just got back. What a night.

Do I get a medal for being at both? :tongue1:

Doyle was class. Bryan was class. The whole team I thought were superb tonight, I do think this has the makings of something special. I know alot of people state it and I always think b*llocks, but Blackpool 2007. We looked good enough and for once have two quality strikers who WILL score goals together in this league.

I like where we're at currently, but I'm not looking too far ahead just yet.  I'll be amazed if we keep this squad in place for the rest of the season, one way or another.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Why?

Cynical logic.

Just pictured him on a yacht in Monaco drinking champagne with a supermodel on his lap, rather than at the Memorial Ground on a wet and windy Tuesday night.

'Hey Gisele, just give me a minute while I tweet this footage to the Oldham fans.' :lol:

2 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Cynical logic.

Just pictured him on a yacht in Monaco drinking champagne with a supermodel on his lap, rather than at the Memorial Ground on a wet and windy Tuesday night.

'Hey Gisele, just give me a minute while I tweet this footage to the Oldham fans.' :lol:

We can only dream of that rich an owner!