Kean, Byrne, Doyle

It's good people can now see what a difference it makes having more than one clever player in the team and a whole midfield that is comfortable on the ball. Byrne, Gardner and Bryan play some lively intricate stuff between them at times.

Byrne and Gardner especially aren't afraid to take the ball in a risky position and take their marker on unlike 95% of our past midfielders who would pass back to the defence or goalkeeper for an aimless punt forward.

Doyle is pretty ruthless, i'd love a statto to work out his goals to attempts ratio when his loan is up.

He was on loan in League 2 last year so as much as he would cost a lot he could be an option permanent. Bryan too purely as he's from City.

Unfortunately there's absolutely no chance with Byrne 

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Byrne was going to come on a free but changed into a loan last minute 

But his performances since wouldn't have helped our chances of keeping him come January 

im surprised we got him on loan tbh, didn't we mess Wigan around with loan fees last year?

Edited by robboman

These three signings have changed the whole dynamic of the side and with Menig also to come in when match fit I'm more optimistic about our chances than I have been in the last 20 years.

It's bloody marvellous to see creative players who don't panic, who are loathe to go backwards, who take risks ( in the appropriate areas of the pitch ) and who are competent and confident with the ball at their feet.

We have been starved of proper football for as long as I can remember, this side have only been together a short time but if we can keep them all beyond January and get the defensive unit a bit tighter we need fear no one in this division.

We can definitely beat the Shrews on Saturday and it would be great to be part of a 2000 strong away following at Rotherham!

We need to get the crowds flocking back to BP, we've been in decline for too long, it's early days yet but, this team has the potential to put Oldham back on the football map!

Edited by oafc1955

14 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

It's good people can now see what a difference it makes having more than one clever player in the team and a whole midfield that is comfortable on the ball. Byrne, Gardner and Bryan play some lively intricate stuff between them at times.

Byrne and Gardner especially aren't afraid to take the ball in a risky position and take their marker on unlike 95% of our past midfielders who would pass back to the defence or goalkeeper for an aimless punt forward.

Doyle is pretty ruthless, i'd love a statto to work out his goals to attempts ratio when his loan is up.

He was on loan in League 2 last year so as much as he would cost a lot he could be an option permanent. Bryan too purely as he's from City.

Unfortunately there's absolutely no chance with Byrne 

Fane came on last night and 2 of his 3 passes were back to Peter Clarke under pressure, when there were other obvious out balls on. I hope the case is now settled and agreed when seeing these 3 other midfielders with actually football ability, that Fane would be lucky to accept a future role at Barnet.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

But wait, didn't I read on here he was shit, before he had kicked a ball for us.

Relegated with chesterfield, if he's the answer we're fucked etc...

I think hes he's been excellent too. Key part of this new midfield 3. 

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Relegated with chesterfield, if he's the answer we're fucked etc...

I think hes he's been excellent too. Key part of this new midfield 3. 

A midfield that you'd hope wouldn't be broken up by the French players anytime soon. Also think it's why we're playing 3-5-2/5-3-2

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I think Gardner also deserves a mention as he's really made a difference and keeps us ticking over nicely. 

Gardner will chip in with a few goals too, he's got a terrific shot from distance so expect some future 'worldies' from him.

Edited by BP1960

10 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

Stats don't lie

Bryan - a goal and two assists in 2 games 

Byrne - 2 goals and an assist in 3 games 

Doyle - 2 Goals and an assist in 3 games 

more then Banks Green and Fane could create in a full season 

Stats don't lie but they get twisted to fuck on here to fit in with agendas. Did you know Holloway has not scored for 15 years ? And he did my missus ?

29 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

IF the investment is a serious one then securing Doyle and Byrne would be a good start to win fans round both a great fit for us even at this point. If Bryan and Ruddy who I rate as loads of potential have sense they will see a longer stay to end of season or beyond would help with career. Need the games. 

Ripley is past history but how Boro or Ripley can think sitting on a bench watching Bywater ship 14 goals in 7 games is a career upgrade.

Ben Wilson ? Is he / has he gone back to Cardiff as waste of a loan if not.  

Lot of comments about the new lads a bit unfair. Lets wait and see what they contribute. Biggest mistake would be changing manager and losing the support of many hard core fans. 

I like it. Think different.