Ruddy's save - Best save seen live

Has always been Grant's at Hartlepool. To be honest that's the only one that sticks in my memory, but when I saw it last night Ruddy's looked just as good.

They worked it well in the box, looked destined to find the top corner and Ruddy tipped it over out of nowhere.

Confidence save and a save at 1-0 that was huge.

What's the best Latics save you'e ever seen?

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Has always been Grant's at Hartlepool. To be honest that's the only one that sticks in my memory, but when I saw it last night Ruddy's looked just as good.

They worked it well in the box, looked destined to find the top corner and Ruddy tipped it over out of nowhere.

Confidence save and a save at 1-0 that was huge.

What's the best Latics save you'e ever seen?

All 3 from Pogs 2 against City in FA Cup - kept out a long Wright Phillips shot which just looked amazing. The second and arguably the more harder to save a point blank pikedriver from Sibierski. Reactions out of this world. The third was in his second spell with us which was nowhere near as strong pre back injury (curse you Adrian Little-John), but we were 1-0 up at home to Ronnie Moores Tranmere and in the last minute one of their players unleashed a shot which looked a Worldly into the top corner the moment it left the lads boot.  Pogs just appeared from no where with an acrobatic dive that caught the thing perfectly 

5 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

All 3 from Pogs 2 against City in FA Cup - kept out a long Wright Phillips shot which just looked amazing. The second and arguably the more harder to save a point blank pikedriver from Sibierski. Reactions out of this world. The third was in his second spell with us which was nowhere near as strong pre back injury (curse you Adrian Little-John), but we were 1-0 up at home to Ronnie Moores Tranmere and in the last minute one of their players unleashed a shot which looked a Worldly into the top corner the moment it left the lads boot.  Pogs just appeared from no where with an acrobatic dive that caught the thing perfectly 

He made an absolute worldy save at QPR away in the defeat

36 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

My answer remains the same since the last time this question was asked (usual close-season filler).

John Hallworth at West Brom recovering from his own poor clearance

I was at that game too.... there was another one of Hallworths on twitter t'other week.... away at Charlton (played at Selhurt Park - when the Valley was out of action) which was a superb point blank reaction....

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I was at that game too.... there was another one of Hallworths on twitter t'other week.... away at Charlton (played at Selhurt Park - when the Valley was out of action) which was a superb point blank reaction....

Probabaly mine that.  

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I remember many years ago Harry Dowd at Crewe arching his back to turn over the crossbar a Stan Bowles point blank blockbuster.

One of our best was Harry. 

Me Dad goes on about Harry Dowd, reckons he'd have played for England had he been just a little bit taller.....?

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I was mascot at that match.  Like to think me tonking a few past him in the warm-up had an influence...

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Bloody hell.... wasn't it midweek as well.... or am I making that up?

Yep, it was.  Stitch also pulled his hamstring in the game which ruled him out for the rest of the season and Big Joe threw a bucket of water over a photographer. 

Not everyone got the good fortune I channelled..

Just now, JoeP said:

Yep, it was.  Stitch also pulled his hamstring in the game which ruled him out for the rest of the season and Big Joe threw a bucket of water over a photographer. 

Not everyone got the good fortune I channelled..

...if that'd been me....

"Mam, I'm gonna be mascot on Tuesday night"

"Oh yeah son, who they playing?"

"We're away at Charlton who play at Crystal Palace"

"You're bloody not, you've got school in't morning"

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

...if that'd been me....

"Mam, I'm gonna be mascot on Tuesday night"

"Oh yeah son, who they playing?"

"We're away at Charlton who play at Crystal Palace"

"You're bloody not, you've got school in't morning"

Certainly a long trek if you lived in Oldham...

2 minutes ago, perfectOzblue said:

Yeah, maybe midway through the second half? Their player (Furlong?) smashed a volley from close in and he somehow pushed it wide. God, Pogs was brilliant that season.

When the ball came across Pogs was outside his front post, Furlong Im sure it was smashed it in the corner and Pogs somehow got a cross full span to save it. i was directly behind that on about row 2 that night and was in absolute awe of the big aussie

Yeah, I was stuck in the corner with a terrible view near the piss-throwing QPR fans but even from there it looked a worldie.

Hallworth's chase back and push away away at WBA was brilliant.

Not brilliant as such, but Gary Kelly's two penalty saves v City - one from Kinkladze at home when we beat them 2-1 in the otherwise awful relegation season of 96/97 and the one from Gareth Taylor when we beat them 2-1 at Maine Road a couple of years later  - were sweet as well.