Ermmm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Who is doing the scouting at present? Bryan, Byrne and Doyle are superb signings. Do they come from Shez and his own direct knowledge? Wondering how we would bring in such players if we had a management team that didn't know the English game? 

Edit: genuine question as I don't know much (anything) about how the signings are selected / targeted. 

Further Edit: and I do realise that all these players are "known" and don't need to be "discovered", but Shez's record of bringing in good loans to pull us out of the fire is almost 100%, so we have been making some very good decisions there, and I'm wondering who does all the work that goes into that? Presumably not just Shez?

A lot is made about managers, and even players, "knowing this league".

I've always kind of agreed with the idea that it's important in the respect that Shez, eg, will know a lot about most of the Shrewsbury side on Saturday through coming up against them & probably even managing some of them throughout his years at this level and the one below.

But, then again, Shrewsbury's manager might know a lot about Green, or Flynn from years gone by and not now realise they're not the players they were. Or he might have come up against Craig Davies more than once in the last two years and tell his players not to worry about him and concentrate on our better players. What would he know about Jack Byrne? 

Is it just more football management bollocks? 

Even if it isn't how long would it take someone like Correa (& his team) to get up to speed? Especially if he's got a better eye for football than Shez, as his CV suggests he might have. 

Every little helps but what would Shrewsbury's preparation be like if they'd scouted us against Wigan but not Bristol Rovers?

I hope Shez stays. Desperately.

But he won't be here forever and, once he does go (hopefully a long time from now) I'd be open to somebody with a profile like Correa's.

Certainly moreso than Walter fucking Zenga.

Although I'd prefer a Steve Evans. 

58 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I've always kind of agreed with the idea that it's important in the respect that Shez, eg, will know a lot about most of the Shrewsbury side on Saturday through coming up against them & probably even managing some of them throughout his years at this level and the one below.

But, then again, Shrewsbury's manager might know a lot about Green, or Flynn from years gone by and not now realise they're not the players they were. Or he might have come up against Craig Davies more than once in the last two years and tell his players not to worry about him and concentrate on our better players. What would he know about Jack Byrne? 

Even if it isn't how long would it take someone like Correa (& his team) to get up to speed? Especially if he's got a better eye for football than Shez, as his CV suggests he might have. 

Every little helps but what would Shrewsbury's preparation be like if they'd scouted us against Wigan but not Bristol Rovers?

But he won't be here forever and, once he does go (hopefully a long time from now) I'd be open to somebody with a profile like Correa's.

I never stop learning by coming on here , for example I never even knew Walter Zenga had a middle name. 

Whatever league you're in is irrelevant, it's all about the quality of the players and tactics. Having a knowledge of the league is OK when your fighting for survival but football is football.

People say you can't get out of this division playing football....I say that is absolute bollocks.

The best footballing sides will persevere in the end!!

47 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

This Nancy boy, right? I bet he's one of these that does his makeup in his room and douses himself with cheap perfume.

???

As a manger he can't just be looking out for number 1 too

Edited by rudemedic

13 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Shrewsbury tactics will be simple, win plenty of corners and get on the end of crosses.

Our Achilles heel. 

17 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Noi need you just done it thank you, sir, for the input

This rather reminds me of Plakki Lakki from the old board. Does anyone remember him? I got to the stage where I thought I could understand some of what he was saying, at which point I decided that I needed to get out a bit more...