Shrewsbury

Seen as though I started the topic for our only win this season, I'll give it another go. :latics:

Presuming they're all fit, I'd keep the same team. Only change I'd make is take out that winger and stick Tope there (Not sure why he's so far down the pecking order this season) or Flynn (which won't happen, but would be my choice if fit)

Bryan, Byrne, Davies, Doyle. Expect us to win this.

2-0. Feeling confident as well.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have it in us to win, but I'm going to be pessimistic.

Aside from their only draw, they've won every league game by one goal.

We've conceded 2 goals in every league game except the Charlton game which we conceded 4.

Therefore I'm going for a 2-1 defeat.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Just had a quick look at their team. On paper it doesn't look up to much.

Whilst checking, I've checked the stats of their last few games.

In the last three games their opponents have had more shots, read into that what you will .... to me it shows their luck is due to run out.

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Seen as though I started the topic for our only win this season, I'll give it another go. :latics:

Presuming they're all fit, I'd keep the same team. Only change I'd make is take out that winger and stick Tope there (Not sure why he's so far down the pecking order this season) or Flynn (which won't happen, but would be my choice if fit)

Bryan, Byrne, Davies, Doyle. Expect us to win this.

2-0. Feeling confident as well.

He's injured most of the time, as is about 35% of the squad. In training and practise matches, apparently. 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Looking forward to it. Got my mojo back a bit with Latics this season, despite our bad run.

I would always expect us to beat Shrewsbury Town at home, regardless of where they are in the League...

Hope so, unfortunately I've got a nasty virus leaving me in a lot of pain and totally fatigued, and the one I'll miss would be against the top of the league.

Edited by BP1960

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Hope so, unfortunately I've got a nasy virus leaving me in a lot of pain and totally fatigued, and the one I'll miss would be against the top of the league.

I've not made many games due to work commitments etc can't wait for this. The missus doesn't know I'm DEFFO going yet. I will have a moan about the advertising boards and keep my eye out for clipboard Charlie's for you BP. ?

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Hope so, unfortunately I've got a nasy virus leaving me in a lot of pain and totally fatigued, and the one I'll miss would be against the top of the league.

There's no way these lot will finish above Wigan or Oxford, BP, so think nowt of it...

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

His injuries improved but he's now got a virus.

While Gevaro hasn't pulled up any trees he's played a part in a win and one we nearly won. 

Think hes done okay as you say, got caught out a few times vs Bristol Rovers, the cross that lead to Clarke lying on the ball could of been costly but wasnt and we won!!  Give the lad time but i have a feeling when Hunt is fit he will more than likely start regardless of team form.

19 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Looking forward to it. Got my mojo back a bit with Latics this season, despite our bad run.

I would always expect us to beat Shrewsbury Town at home, regardless of where they are in the League...

Hopefully the players are not as arrogant.

23 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Just had a quick look at their team. On paper it doesn't look up to much.

Whilst checking, I've checked the stats of their last few games.

In the last three games their opponents have had more shots, read into that what you will .... to me it shows their luck is due to run out.

Bloody Shrewsbury. Are they one of those clubs heavily reliant on borrowed players?

Just wait until they all have to go back to their own clubs in January-Oh wait, hang on a minute! 

4 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Bloody Shrewsbury. Are they one of those clubs heavily reliant on borrowed players?

Just wait until they all have to go back to their own clubs in January-Oh wait, hang on a minute! 

Byrne from what I have seen and heard has no future whatsoever at Wigan so highly doubt he'll return, likewise with Bryan and Ruddy as there won't be any need for them to go back unless City suspect Bryan could try his arm in the Championship (unlikely). The one I wouldn't be surprised is Doyle returning to Preston if he's scored loads this side of Christmas and I suspect that would hinge on how well or poorly PNE are doing in the Championship (at this stage, Doyle wouldn't get a sniff) so hopefully we could get a deal in place prior to them falling away which I should imagine they will do.

Oh and Wilson, he will return, nobody cares ;)

Shrewsbury represent a high work ethic who are solid and well organised. Not very flash and not great technically either. Confident as they believe they only have to score 1 to win the game. 

Does that sound like the Latics team at the back end of last season?