1000 games ago

We must have played 1000 games in this league one now....500 at home. That is 750 hours of watching Latics at home ....that is 20 full working weeks!

Are  we any better or any worse as a team or any further forward or any further back as a club than when we played the first of those games? 

we play Shrewsbury today...is it just me or do we seem to have just played Shrewsbury or Walsall or just be about to play Shrewsbury or Walsall for the last 20 years

38 minutes ago, Magister said:

We must have played 1000 games in this league one now....500 at home. That is 750 hours of watching Latics at home ....that is 20 full working weeks!

Are  we any better or any worse as a team or any further forward or any further back as a club than when we played the first of those games? 

we play Shrewsbury today...is it just me or do we seem to have just played Shrewsbury or Walsall or just be about to play Shrewsbury or Walsall for the last 20 years

You've under sold it by 1000.

A few sums indicates that the 2000 includes games played at this level 40+ years ago etc. However, 20 x 46 = 920

In terms of where we are relatively to when we joined this league 20 years ago, we are in a worse position, as we were decent odds for promotion as opposed to decent odds for the drop, and we were in the playoff spots up until Feb. Unfortunately for us parachute payments didn't exist, and we were owned by JW Lees who were not investing enough money into the club despite making a very tidy profit in the years before.

Edited by rudemedic

1 hour ago, Magister said:

Yes Shrewsbury Walsall and Gillingham. We are the ultimate Groundhog club. Perhaps today may feel different when we beat the top of the league not just any old Shrewsbury

On 16/09/2017 at 8:48 AM, Magister said:

It does now we're not playing Tranmere every other weekend.