Keeper situation.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Said he didn't see him as a number 1, might have been in the Chron.

Wilson not in squad due to loan rules (max 5 in matchday squad) presumably.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

It was in a Latics Player interview I think 

He went on to say there was a proper number 1 ready to sign but whether he could go & get him or not was out if his hands (this was before deadline day when Banks & Fane were our midfield) 

I wonder if Ruddy was that man? 

Gotcha. Cheers.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 5:25 PM, deyres42 said:

He's literally just starting his career and you and others want him to be the finished article, quite scary really.

Having a smidging of ability would do, this lads out of his depth and if the other two keepers we have are no better we're fucked, that's 23 conceded in 9 games, we didn't concede that many last season till mid December.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Having a smidging of ability would do, this lads out of his depth and if the other two keepers we have are no better we're fucked, that's 23 conceded in 9 games, we didn't concede that many last season till mid December.

God above, go and support Real Madrid or summat, Oldham isn't for you

7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

You think the lads up to it then?

You do have previous for standing by those who can't do the job though as David Dumbs biggest fan so really your opinion on such matters is effectively null and void because your as bad a judge as there is but I will humour you.

22 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

14 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Come on he's fucking shocking. I'm trying to convince myself he's not as bad as Brill was but I honestly think he is. Worst I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Nah he’s not as bad as Brill just yet. He’s not good tho. But he’s gone 3rd of 3 keepers...one of which has had ridiculous abuse said about him and one of which hasn’t taken to the pitch yet. 

Wilson is really very bad, any stick he has had has been more than justified.

First time I've seen Ruddy yesterday - he was terrible.  Absolutely bullied by their forwards.  After his inability to deal with the cross that lead to their first goal, Rotherham just targeted him.

On the basis we've seen Wilson and Ruddy, we've got to give Placide a go.  It's the case of better the devil you DON'T know in this instance, I reckon...

Edited by JoeP

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2017 at 9:56 PM, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Not seen Ruddy live but looks dodgy going off the highlights. The worse keeper I've seen in recent years after Brill was that keeper who Dunn kept picking over Coleman. I've erased his name from my memory banks. Wilson didn't appear to be that bad. Besides, unless we've got some defenders in the numerous midfielders we have signed I don't think it will matter who we have in the net.....

Cornell

45 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

There other keeper now at York is Luke Simpson who's agent was pushing him to all the big clubs whilst at Oldham however wasn't good enough. 

I remember watching him warm up at Stevenage away - opening game of the season a few years back under LJ - and thinking he looked a proper show pony. Beautifully quaffed hair and the perfect [for the cameras] dive......