Man City link rumour

4 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

My favourite on there is Passittogordon who watched Latics regularly all over the country for years up until the big money takeover. He only stopped because of the 'bile spewed about City.'

Someone needs to point out to that absolute thunder cunt that like many he was an Oldham fan who jumped on to City's gravy train! 

He's also seen "numerous" people with Oldham calf tattoos wearing United shirts. Dick.

Edited by longtimeblue

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

He's also seen "numerous" people with Oldham calf tattoos wearing United shirts. Dick.

This particularly made me piss! 

To find one person wearing shorts shorts and a Man Utd top with an old Latics badge tattooed on their calf is unbelievable enough but to have seen "numerous".

What an absolute fucking clot.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Fuck off city.

Would be the end of my support if this happened.

And many others, I started supporting the unique identity of Oldham Athletic (one reason I am always banging on about the 1950s/60s traditional kit).

It seems to me the Premiership clubs want a system like in parts of Europe where they can play B teams in the second divisions.

Latics as an experiment for that...no way.

Edited by BP1960

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

And many others, I started supporting the unique identity of Oldham Athletic (one reason I am always banging on about the 1950s/60s traditional kit).

It seems to me the Premiership clubs want a system like in parts of Europe where they can play B teams in the second divisions.

Latics as an experiment for that...no way.

There it is in a nutshell, "unique identity".

it matters not a jot whether we are good or shit, we are Oldham Athletic.

4 hours ago, palmer1 said:

It's seems one on there believes all our success in the late 80s early 90s was due to using 'city youth'. It seems barrett and Warhurst who they didnt want wont promotion alone. Beginning to hate city as much as Utd. Arrogant twats!

I like the comment about our "early days" under Joe Royle. Just the 90 years or so after our actual early days... :lol:

Has anyonelse found that City fans in recent years have a huge chip on their shoulders about how the media UEFA The FA are all against them because they have got money? that kind of Paranoia is really beginning to grate. Overall I think city fans are no better or worse than the red lot, lets face it their are plenty decent people and plenty of dicks that support every club in the country.

I'd be happy to take on some of their loan players but only if they improve our team, it can work 2 ways they get their young players experience in English football and we get a player on the cheap who improves our team. However I wouldn't want it to go much further than that.

I think the idea of us becoming a full blown feeder club to them is one we could all categorically agree on being an atrocious idea.

44 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think the idea of us becoming a full blown feeder club to them is one we could all categorically agree on being an atrocious idea.

Regardless of the fact the idea makes my soul itch, more importantly, a team full of City's kids and nothing else wouldn't do anything in this league. 

More of a non-permanent "partnership" scenario where they chuck some money at us to improve our facilities and send someone (probably very good at his/her job) along to help run certain stuff for us to then benefit from loaning some of their better kids and them to benefit from us playing these kids could be interesting and palatable....

Edited by HarryBosch

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Regardless of the fact the ideas makes my soul itch, more importantly, a team full of City's kids and nothing else wouldn't do anything in this league. 

More of a non-permanent "partnership" scenario where they chuck some money at us to improve our facilities and send someone (probably very good at his/her job) along to help run certain stuff for us to then benefit from loaning some of their better kids and them to benefit from us playing these kids could be interesting and palatable....

Didn't that flop at Hyde United?

1 minute ago, oafc_lover said:

I'd rather the club completely go out of existence than see us become their feeder club.

Hated them all my life but they've become everything they hate United for which is at best cringeworthy.

Spot on, you do hear of a few who wish they were back to the days before the Thai crook turned up, a normal club who bobbed up and down in relation to where they were as a club, feel a bit for them tbh had their club changed from what they had grown up with and used to

24 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I like it when they say I hate them because they got all that money. I've hated them much longer than that.

I've never hated City..... in fact, I really really like them.... when I think of them, I think of some of the best days out I've ever had: Tommy Wright; Roger Palmer; Graeme Sharp; Gary Kelly....  there's nothing to hate, we used to turn them over nearly every time we played them.

United however.... those two FA Cup semi finals alone make my fkin blood boil..... 1) the period of dominance they enjoyed after the 1st one might well have been curtailed had Joe Worrall not been a dirty red, and 2) our recent history was directly influenced by the outcome of the 2nd. There is everything to hate about this.

It won't be long before an elite European League is formed with the entry limited to those clubs with billions.

Every match will be live on pay TV at an extra premium like the major boxing  bouts.

The champions league will be a cup competition for those only in the elite league.

Greed is bad now, but nothing to what you will see in the future IMO.

In the meantime England will be back to the old format of a first, second and third divisions, with proper cup competitions where all take part playing their best teams.

That's how I see it going anyway.

Edited by BP1960

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Regardless of the fact the idea makes my soul itch, more importantly, a team full of City's kids and nothing else wouldn't do anything in this league. 

The issue if they start throwing money at us is that they will want a say in how we are run as a club which wouldn't be in Oldham Athletics interests We could then be watching a hybrid of a city youth team and Oldham Athletic to begin with and then we are potentially on a slippery slope to being completely swallowed up and being the Manchester City B team.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It won't be long before an elite European League is formed with the entry limited to those clubs with billions.

Every match will be live on pay TV at an extra premium like the major boxing  bouts.

The champions league will be a cup competition for those only in the elite league.

Greed is bad now, but nothing to what you will see in the future IMO.

In the meantime England will be back to the old format of a first, second and third divisions, with proper cup competitions where all take part playing their best teams.

That's how I see it going anyway.

I think you are a right - there is a desire for the big clubs to have access to a secure and guaranteed income level and a dedicated non-relegation super league is the answer they want.  United, Chelsea etc running the risk of not having the CL TV money is too high a risk for 'big businesses' (not football clubs) - and eventually they will work out a way of protecting themselves.

The Premier League did it 25 years ago - and it will happen again.

For most clubs, the removal of the top 3 or 4 sides out of the English format, will mean nothing anyway.