Shez has gone

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Great is an accolade much overused. Of the managers even I can remember it's stretching it quite a bit to call him that.

He's been a good servant to the club would be more my take on him.

He's the greatest of a generation for a start ....

He took us to finish 6th and 8th. Our second and third highest finishes in 20 odd years in League One. He also kept us up twice over a long period of time when every bit of the media and bookies had us already relegated. 

11 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

He's the greatest of a generation for a start ....

He took us to finish 6th and 8th. Our second and third highest finishes in 20 odd years in League One. He also kept us up twice over a long period of time when every bit of the media and bookies had us already relegated. 

The original post said one of our greatest managers and I still maintain he's not. Just because you've been used to average/poor ones may make him great in your eyes but perhaps not in the bigger picture.

Where would he stand in an all time managers holding their ale contest? I reckon Joe could have packed a few away and Sharp looked like he's seen the inside of a couple of pubs. Johnson under the table on 2 small glasses of Chardonnay. And then there's Ronnie...

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

Where would he stand in an all time managers holding their ale contest? I reckon Joe could have packed a few away and Sharp looked like he's seen the inside of a couple of pubs. Johnson under the table on 2 small glasses of Chardonnay. And then there's Ronnie...

I've heard Wellens is/was a decent drinker. 

Sharp definitely knew his way round a drink too. 

Was drinking a thing pre-war? As I'd imagine footballer/ manager would be a drinking occupation. 

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He's probably the 3rd best manager that I've had the pleasure of watching us under.

Me too

after Joe and Jimmy 

first names all begin with a J, coincidence or spooky?

maybe Jose could be a future manager ?

18 hours ago, leeslover said:

Love it!! Hear hear!

• 3 weeks later...

Absolute f*cking God.

He's told me he reads this board ..

200 downboats to 165 ?? waiting for the balloons to downboat again ..

With Shez in charge we'd be top 3, then again, we wouldn't be in the tinpot toss horrible shit league.

Love you John. ???

Honeslty we all have our opinions but anyone who genuinely believes we'd have been relegated with that squad over a season with him in charge, well ..

43 minutes ago, maddog said:

Nice one. 

Claire .. honestly we wouldn't be in this league hadn't we sacked him ..

It's what some fans wanted and others didn't .. I'll be honest, I've for whatever known reason re found my love in this league for us

But it still can't defer the fact we wouldn't be here under different circumstances ..

Play offs 06/07 (With the best football in 20 years)

15/15 (Saved us when even Mourinho couldn't)

16/17 (Lowest scorers out of 92 teams in England, 8 adrift, 21 games to go) Survived ..

Those three points above are facts, downboat all you fucking want, yes we started 1-1-7, yes we got stuffed 5-1 at Rotherham but he'd have sorted us out and kept us up, I've no doubt, pushed out when he never should have been ..

Just been on Google and searched 'John Sheridan celebrations' (try it)

There's pictures of him on one leg in there in the Torex kit ..

Pictures of him celebrating (arguably our biggest win in 13 years) away at Everton with an under strength side, I even forget this ..

I don't understand anyone who doesn't agree this man is a club legend, yes I might go over the top, but it's only to negotiate the idiots ..

As above 

Plus Everton Away 1-0

Leeds Away 2-0

Yet some slag him off ??

JS ?

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

But it still can't defer the fact we wouldn't be here under different circumstances ..

Here we go again...you are stating an OPINION not FACT.

We get that you are Sheridan's biggest fan, but you need to stop disparaging fans who don't share your thoughts...it's insulting.

Final point Carlisle 0, Morecambe 2....at HOME.....just saying!!!

Archived