Shez has gone

It's a sad day for the club. He's saved them from relegation two seasons in a row when most people thought we were gone!

You could argue that the system was wrong and he was too stubborn to revert back to 4-4-2, but the players are professionals and should be able to adapt surely?

Who knows what's said in the dressing room but I'm pretty sure that he hasn't been telling them to lose headers, let players run past them, lose individual battles, don't tackle etc etc.

Some of the players - particularly the defenders - and to some degree the midfielders, need to have a good hard look at themselves because they've been nowhere near good enough!!

KTF and COYB, whoever the new man in charge is!!

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad news indeed and I will be eternally grateful for him guiding us to safety for the last two seasons and for his class as a player for us.He will always be respected by me .

His tactics and formations have not worked out this time but I would have liked him to be given longer to try to sort it out.Think his assistants have not helped his cause.

I wish Shez all the best in his future career.

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I again ask why would someone invest in the club to fail?

That just doesn't make sense, so you have to assume the investments are for a better future.

Depends how you define success and what your goals are. The ‘investment’ could benefit, say, a footballing agency more than it does a football club.

2 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Depends how you define success and what your goals are. The ‘investment’ could benefit, say, a footballing agency more than it does a football club.

I still struggle to see how the club failing would benefit the agency particularly. Even to take the most cynical view - that the club, and new manager, are just there to put imported players in the shop window - League One is a most visible place to do that than League Two, surely? Maybe imported players would do better a division down, but that's not certain, and it would be reflected in their transfer values I'd assume.

3 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Can't see how a losing team of failed signings can produce a profit for anyone. 

Just don't see the logic in it. 

Relax everyone!

May we offer you Lee Clark?....... please.... don't mind begging....no compo to pay ..... we will have a whip round and pay it off for you!

Seriously surprised that you have let Sheridan go after all he's done for you in the recent past.

Then again gratitude and loyalty don't seem to play a role in the game even at our lowly level and you're looking over your shoulder if results are not good enough.

From a Bury viewpoint Clark is over the fire in a pot of hot water and the Sheridan dismissal must add some more coals to the pile surely?

From an Oldham angle, good luck with it all and I hope you make the right decision  ( genuinely ) , I expect this will all hinge on the takeover/ investment situation?

Just to offer my 10 cents  worth

I seriously think they should have given Shez till November, it's not as though he is without pedigree and the weekends thumping would have brought changes. Yes, he was bloody stubborn to not make changes earlier but often there is a fine line between stubborn and being too reactive and making panic chops and changes.

Shez goes with my respect , thanks and also my best wishes for the future  ....and the eternal memory of him bringing down Barlow like a sack of spuds, best thing he ever did for our club :)

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

This has been on the cards for ages and, whether you agree with the decision or not (I certainly don't), Shez hasn't helped himself by losing a lot of football games and making bizarre tactical decisions...

3 subs at Blackpool was instant dismissal material.

1 hour ago, BFC1885 said:

Relax everyone!

May we offer you Lee Clark?....... please.... don't mind begging....no compo to pay ..... we will have a whip round and pay it off for you!

Seriously surprised that you have let Sheridan go after all he's done for you in the recent past.

Then again gratitude and loyalty don't seem to play a role in the game even at our lowly level and you're looking over your shoulder if results are not good enough.

From a Bury viewpoint Clark is over the fire in a pot of hot water and the Sheridan dismissal must add some more coals to the pile surely?

From an Oldham angle, good luck with it all and I hope you make the right decision  ( genuinely ) , I expect this will all hinge on the takeover/ investment situation?

With the squad you have on paper, Shez would be a decent manager for you IMO.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

This has been on the cards for ages and, whether you agree with the decision or not (I certainly don't), Shez hasn't helped himself by losing a lot of football games and making bizarre tactical decisions...

Agree with that. Some have suggested he was trying to get sacked. I wouldn't go that far but I would say he was waiting to be sacked. He's probably know for a while that a new regime would mean a new manager and there was nothing he could do about that.

And as a result, while I don't think for one minute he's been trying lose games, he's probably made a few decisions that he wouldn't have made if he didnt believe that losing his job was inevitable - e.g. persisting with 3 at the back.

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That's exactly where I'm at its a real shame its come to this without John Sheridan this club would have been in a far worse position this last 20 years he saved us from relegation to the fourth tier on 4 seperate occasions as a player in 98-99 in 03-04 as a player coach manager and assistant manager, and in the last 2 seasons as a manager. This I feel might be the final time I feel he may have left for good now. 

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Saying players chucked the towel in suggests some shouldn't have been in his team, yet he gave them a chance only to be badly let down.

The players have a lot to answer for, some just can't be bothered.

Hopefully, any new manager will root them out and only play those fully committed to the cause.

2 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

What does he say in his exit interview please? I'm thinking it's probably very sad...

Best for both parties, didn't want it dragging on.

Fans have given him great support.

No problems with players or staff just not getting results.

Will be back watching plus watching Jay Sat morning.

Lots of games left, good squad, wishes whoever takes over gets the wins take us up the table.

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

Best for both parties, didn't want it dragging on.

Fans have given him great support.

No problems with players or staff just not getting results.

Will be back watching plus watching Jay Sat morning.

Lots of games left, good squad, wishes whoever takes over gets the wins take us up the table.

Thank you sir!

Archived