Shez has gone

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

He should never have been allowed back the last time after the way he treated the club when he upped sticks to Notts County, a point that oafcshuck always seems to gloss over in his adoration. 

Kept us up though didn’t he 

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

He should never have been allowed back the last time after the way he treated the club when he upped sticks to Notts County, a point that oafcshuck always seems to gloss over in his adoration. 

Think he was allowed to move on by Corney, wasn’t he? Effectively earning us some money in the process.

There was an rumoured issue with false promises about budget too, given how Robinson effectively had only 6 players when he took over I think those rumours were fairly well ratified.

In the 20 years we spent in League one, there weren’t many highlights, but Sheridan was involved in more than his fair share in some form or another. That’s without covering his role in our best ever trophy win.

I can see him returning to a role with the club at some point, nevermind when he brings Carlisle and any other club here.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

I can see him returning to a role with the club at some point, 

God Forbid.

I have no axe to grind with his previous efforts but care nothing for what he did earlier when used as an excuse for how he left. The Corney money suits your argument conveniently but to leave us with 6 players a couple of weeks before training and the season start was unforgivable.

2 hours ago, yarddogs said:

Kept us up though didn’t he 

Aye, and he really kicked on from that didn't he?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 11:26 PM, rudemedic said:

Think he was allowed to move on by Corney, wasn’t he? Effectively earning us some money in the process.

There was an rumoured issue with false promises about budget too, given how Robinson effectively had only 6 players when he took over I think those rumours were fairly well ratified.

In the 20 years we spent in League one, there weren’t many highlights, but Sheridan was involved in more than his fair share in some form or another. That’s without covering his role in our best ever trophy win.

I can see him returning to a role with the club at some point, nevermind when he brings Carlisle and any other club here.

He will never ever return whilst AL owns the club. They are not exactly buddy pals. Not after Sheridan refused to recognise that Placide was better than the two idiots that we had playing in goal at the beginning of last season and that went a long way to us being relegated so those who wish for the return of the so called Mesiah will have to wait until we get new owners. Could be a long wait I think ? 

20 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

He will never ever return whilst AL owns the club. They are not exactly buddy pals. Not after Sheridan refused to recognise that Placide was better than the two idiots that we had playing in goal at the beginning of last season and that went a long way to us being relegated so those who wish for the return of the so called Mesiah will have to wait until we get new owners. Could be a long wait I think ? 

Yeah cos Placide was phenomenal and in no way contributed to our relegation??

21 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I don't think anyone has said Placide was phenomenal, he was a definite upgrade on Wilson and Ruddy though. 

But not Ripley though who Shez was initially told he could sign only for AL to bring in Placide without running it by the manager. 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

But not Ripley though who Shez was initially told he could sign only for AL to bring in Placide without running it by the manager. 

I'm not sure this is right. Ripley signed a new 3 year deal with Boro, presumably on about 5x what we could pay, and went on loan to a Champ club. Was he ever realistic last summer?

2 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

I'm not sure this is right. Ripley signed a new 3 year deal with Boro, presumably on about 5x what we could pay, and went on loan to a Champ club. Was he ever realistic last summer?

Yes he was, he was at the club ready to sign a twelve month loan when AL blocked the move only for Placide to rock up the next week. He only sorted the move to Burton out when the move to us fell through and we were always his preferred option.

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Even if Ripley couldn't come Shez realised we needed better than Ruddy and Wilson but wasn't allowed to bring anyone else in!

Perhaps if he'd insisted and Abdallah had listened he'd still be here.

p.s. Are the above few posts just opinions or were the posters privy to all the comings and goings within the club either directly or via the "mole".

5 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah cos Placide was phenomenal and in no way contributed to our relegation??

Well compared to Ruddy and Wilson he was a bloody good keeper. If we had had him playing from the first game of the season we would still be in league 1 instead of those two nupties. He had great distribution and was not solely at fault for us going down. In fact before he unfortunately lost his mother he played so great games for us. 

5 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Well compared to Ruddy and Wilson he was a bloody good keeper. If we had had him playing from the first game of the season we would still be in league 1 instead of those two nupties. He had great distribution and was not solely at fault for us going down. In fact before he unfortunately lost his mother he played so great games for us. 

He played six games before then and conceded in five of them, including shipping 4 at MK Dons. 

6 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

How do u reckon we’d be doing in league 1? I’m starting to think it was maybe a blessing in disguise, clear the decks and start again. Obvs important we go up this season.

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

How do u reckon we’d be doing in league 1? I’m starting to think it was maybe a blessing in disguise, clear the decks and start again. Obvs important we go up this season.

I agree with you we have a far better keeper this season. However Placide was a far better keeper than Ruddy and Wilson. I have never said we should have kept Placide. 

Ripley wouldn’t have made that much difference shez needed time, the big loss before he quit hurt him! We were picking up before that, we would have stayed up with shez. Wellens rode on what he put in place, bryne, Doyle, Bryan we’re all his signing and we we’re starting to tick. Then wellens came stole the glory, then royaly fucked it up playing said players out of position. Shez had Bryan playing in mid, how many said afterwards that was his best position.shez’s  only fault was the keeper, but if he saw him doing cryuff turns on the training ground ,you cansee why he would have gone for a less erratic choice.

Archived