Shez has gone

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if I’m talking to myself 👀

Just reminiscing watching the 2017/2018 season review video .. even in our darkest year in 22 John made me smile.

Bristol Rovers 2-3 Oldham Athletic

376 miles on a Tuesday on my own. First win of the season. 2-0 to 2-2. Last minute winner.

Sadly Rotherham was soon to follow but one of those blue nights that will live long, because of Sir John.

If the trust are listening bring Johnny home. I’ll chuck in £20. 💙🧡

Just now, oafcshuck said:

If Shez didn’t score that penalty at Sheffield Wednesday in that yellow horners kit in 2003 for a 2-2 this club wouldn’t be here. FACT.

Bet half you f*ckers don’t even remember that. Seriously. Half our fan base won’t even know that. Absolute hero.

1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

If Shez didn’t score that penalty at Sheffield Wednesday in that yellow horners kit in 2003 for a 2-2 this club wouldn’t be here. FACT.

I think MAC bagged the other that day, then took Shez’s wallet and watch after the game.

8 hours ago, philliggi said:

To be fair his knowledge is spot on. The season he talks about is also the only season I did every game and my god the rain at Gillingham I'll never see again in my lifetime

Given the state of the rain at BP for Forest 3 days later that is going something. It was presumably the same weather system. 

True but just remember I was stood on a scaffold open terrace face first into driving rain. 

At home to forest I was in the shelter of the main stand with a bovril probably. Does wonders for the memories how you experience something

3 hours ago, philliggi said:

True but just remember I was stood on a scaffold open terrace face first into driving rain. 

At home to forest I was in the shelter of the main stand with a bovril probably. Does wonders for the memories how you experience something

That scaffold terrace, what memories, looked like Brazil that day! What a team. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Shezerectioun.

Still pains me, had we not sacked this man after Rotherham

This club would be looking forward to the Championship next season. 

You been on the booze lad?

• 2 months later...

Been a while and he hasn’t had the best start this season but fuck it.

Two miraculous escapes

The best season watching my club in 22 years. 

Forced to leave. I’ll never let it lie. 

And all those that think oh it’s him again, have a word, those two escapes were miraculous nevermind giving the younger generation the best result and football watching season in the last 22 years.

TWENTY TWO years. Love you Shez. As I’ve said before and I’ll repeat - had we not sacked you in you September 2017 we’d be a Championship club now. 

Oldham loves you more than you’ll know. 💙

Archived