Shez has gone

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Even better than us appointing Royle in 2009? Won the FA Cup with Everton. Two promotions to the top flight. A league one promotion (with City) and a league cup final with us?

There's not much I can find about Correa but are any of his achievements as relevant today as Royle's were in 2009?

You have a point but the Royle 2009 appointment was strictly caretaker wasn't it? I suspect Harry was maybe thinking of permanent appointments (well as it's Latics, "permanent").

14 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You have a point but the Royle 2009 appointment was strictly caretaker wasn't it? I suspect Harry was maybe thinking of permanent appointments (well as it's Latics, "permanent").

I don't think Joe really got that involved when he came back, more of a figurehead

I’d guess that the players have been told not to tweet. 

Sheridan’s exit is being stagemanaged like someone who knows about PR is actively calling the shots. 

Shez in his civvies, not in Latics gear, saying everything was mutual and amiably agreed, to the cameras... he would not do that unless it was part of a goodbye settlement that made it worth doing. 

He clearly dug his heels in - as per interview after last defeat - then negotiations took place that involved his payoff and the way in which he could be let go minimising backlash from supporters. 

It’s this whole new grasp of PR - far removed from red fleeces etc - that makes me think the investment/takeover is close to the finish line. 

Somebody other than Corney is running the club. No prizes for guessing who. 

And as i said this morning, I hope Shez has taken a big wedge of cash off him. 

The more I think about it the more gutted I am.

There was a feeling of togetherness under Shez no other manager will ever replicate.

I’m probably being too sentimental, but I still left on Saturday believing he could get it right.

52 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I’d guess that the players have been told not to tweet. 

Sheridan’s exit is being stagemanaged like someone who knows about PR is actively calling the shots. 

Shez in his civvies, not in Latics gear, saying everything was mutual and amiably agreed, to the cameras... he would not do that unless it was part of a goodbye settlement that made it worth doing. 

He clearly dug his heels in - as per interview after last defeat - then negotiations took place that involved his payoff and the way in which he could be let go minimising backlash from supporters. 

It’s this whole new grasp of PR - far removed from red fleeces etc - that makes me think the investment/takeover is close to the finish line. 

Somebody other than Corney is running the club. No prizes for guessing who. 

And as i said this morning, I hope Shez has taken a big wedge of cash off him. 

Perhaps true

last time he left didn’t he say there was more too it than meets the eye? 

35 minutes ago, robboman said:

Perhaps true

last time he left didn’t he say there was more too it than meets the eye? 

I recall Johnson saying something along the lines of “if the supporters knew the full story... etc” in the Chron or widely reported. 

I dont recall any manager sitting infront of the club’s camera, not in club gear, saying it is all grand - which is what we saw on Latics Player or whatever it’s called now. 

There’s no way Sheridan - after getting the boot which is something I think we can be confident of - would have done that unless it was part of his payoff deal. 

Which leads to the conclusion that someone is deftly managing the axing of a club legend before the new boss (for want of a better term) is brought in. 

Again, someone is managing the PR here that is far removed from what we’ve been dealing with for years. 

12 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I recall Johnson saying something along the lines of “if the supporters knew the full story... etc” in the Chron or widely reported. 

I dont recall any manager sitting infront of the club’s camera, not in club gear, saying it is all grand - which is what we saw on Latics Player or whatever it’s called now. 

There’s no way Sheridan - after getting the boot which is something I think we can be confident of - would have done that unless it was part of his payoff deal. 

Which leads to the conclusion that someone is deftly managing the axing of a club legend before the new boss (for want of a better term) is brought in. 

Again, someone is managing the PR here that is far removed from what we’ve been dealing with for years. 

You’re right, I think it was Johnson who said something along them lines

Youve got a better memory than me

5 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

No it wasn't.

After being appointed, in negotiations for a new contract, Royle offered to work for free if corney would match the offered wage and add it to the transfer pot.

10 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Which would also have included an agreement for a good reference once he goes for a new job...

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Turns up to the odd games, says he will play for us never does, doesn't invest any of his millions, no proper management experience, camera shy. I'll give him a miss thanks

The camera shy part is a load of bollox if you knew him or have been around him, 

Hes not a fan he couldn't name you any of the players 

Last time he probably went was for PR/charity or his badges because it's the closest pro team to his house,

If he was gonna plough any money in anywhere it'll be his own club, you see him rocking up at Chaddy FC most midweek games when he's not doing BT Sport his son is signed on, never turns anyone down for a photo or autograph, 

To many he's a legend to he's very humble   His dad goes to BP a lot though, nice man! 

But camera shy the mans dry as fook very quick witted 

3 hours ago, robboman said:

With him being, some sort of, Oldham fan

4 minutes ago, rodger er said:

The camera shy part is a load of bollox if you knew him or have been around him, 

Hes not a fan he couldn't name you any of the players 

Last time he probably went was for PR/charity or his badges because it's the closest pro team to his house,

If he was gonna plough any money in anywhere it'll be his own club, you see him rocking up at Chaddy FC most midweek games when he's not doing BT Sport his son is signed on, never turns anyone down for a photo or autograph, 

To many he's a legend to he's very humble   His dad goes to BP a lot though, nice man! 

But camera shy the mans dry as fook very quick witted 

I’ve definitely seen him more than a few times paying in to the main stand.

He’s still a United fan though. 

• 11 months later...

Still pains me to this day

The passion he actually had, he loved this club

The way he was forced out ..

Best football in my lifetime 2006/2007

2 saviours (one after being pied) and 2 saviours from absolutely nowhere

The guy can manage and loves the club

Still maintain to this day we'd be in a far better position if he hadn't been sacked

Seriously ....

1998-2001 in that Slumberland kit he helped us out ....

100 year old 2004 - that yellow away kit at league favourites Sheff Weds on one leg he bags that penalty for a 1-1 I think 2-2 draw

2006-2007 takes us to our only second play off year in eventually 21 years playing the best football this generation saw 

2015-2016 saves us when even Mourinho couldn't save us

2016-17 same again when it was mission impossible and gave us Chesterfield away

I honestly don't think Shez gets the credit he deserves

We'll never know but I still a million percent believe we wouldn't have gone done last season under him

25 years a blue and I can't think of many better in that time, Dux, Eyresy but how can anyone argue with that record above .... 

I saw Notts play yesterday.

I have a very strong urge to tweet their Alan Hardy to say that Shez is the manager he should be hiring instead of Harry Kewell.

It's still early in the season but I'm not surprised that Shez has Carlisle ticking.

As for us, I'm happy with the way that Frankie is going about things so far.

5 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Seriously ....

100 year old 2004 - that yellow away kit at league favourites Sheff Weds on one leg he bags that penalty for a 1-1 I think 2-2 draw

2006-2007 takes us to our only second play off year in eventually 21 years playing the best football this generation saw 

We'll never know but I still a million percent believe we wouldn't have gone done last season under him

25 years a blue and I can't think of many better in that time, Dux, Eyresy but how can anyone argue with that record above .... 

May I refer you to the title of the thread.  

5 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Seriously ....

I’m sure he could come back again one day

Archived