Next Oldham Manager?

On 20/11/2017 at 2:20 PM, astottie said:

Still a point up after Rochdale 

On 20/10/2017 at 12:03 AM, astottie said:

Before every season I set down how many points we should require for the play offs and then make a suggestion as to how we might get them. I know too much time on my hands and I've normally lost interest by now.This year I went for 72 points as I thought the league is more even than last year. To get to that total I went for 20 wins 12 draws and  14 losses. I then had a punt at how that might look against the teams we had to play, and ended up with

no points ( I.e. Lose home and away) - Wigan, Blackburn

one point  ( I.e. Draw home lose away) -Bradford, Peterborough, Scunthorpe , bury

three points - Rotherham, Charlton, Oxford,Portsmouth,Southend, Walsall

four points - Blackpool ,Fleetwood, Bristol R,MKD, Wimbledon, Rochdale , Plymouth, Doncaster

six points- Northampton,Gillingham, Shrewsbury 

obviously my my assessment of bury and Shrewsbury has gone awry but if you look at how I've specced it out we are currently one point ahead of where we need to be to get 72 points. Happy days?

Still a point ahead after MKD

Now a point behind after Wimbledon. Gillingham is down as 3 points.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/20/2017 at 12:03 AM, astottie said:

Before every season I set down how many points we should require for the play offs and then make a suggestion as to how we might get them. I know too much time on my hands and I've normally lost interest by now.This year I went for 72 points as I thought the league is more even than last year. To get to that total I went for 20 wins 12 draws and  14 losses. I then had a punt at how that might look against the teams we had to play, and ended up with

no points ( I.e. Lose home and away) - Wigan, Blackburn

one point  ( I.e. Draw home lose away) -Bradford, Peterborough, Scunthorpe , bury

three points - Rotherham, Charlton, Oxford,Portsmouth,Southend, Walsall

four points - Blackpool ,Fleetwood, Bristol R,MKD, Wimbledon, Rochdale , Plymouth, Doncaster

six points- Northampton,Gillingham, Shrewsbury 

obviously my my assessment of bury and Shrewsbury has gone awry but if you look at how I've specced it out we are currently one point ahead of where we need to be to get 72 points. Happy days?

Still a point ahead after MKD

On 11/22/2017 at 9:56 AM, astottie said:

Now a point behind after Wimbledon. Gillingham is down as 3 points.

Now 3 points behind forecast after Gills. Southend was down as a defeat so anything else would be a bonus.

21 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Well i am surprised - with the tax investigation going on I expected at best RW to remain with TP at his side or mass sacking of support staff at worse, so there must still be money to spend.

It does give a bit of hope if it's confirmed. There must be budget from somewhere, as you say. 

Paul Jewell: “We lose too many good managers early because they haven’t got enough help around them. I’m just here to do what he wants to do whether that be coaching, watching games, dealing with the press, whatever he wants, I’m here. One thing which is certain, he’s the boss, not me.”

4 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Paul Jewell: “We lose too many good managers early because they haven’t got enough help around them. I’m just here to do what he wants to do whether that be coaching, watching games, dealing with the press, whatever he wants, I’m here. One thing which is certain, he’s the boss, not me.”

Fair play to him, I for one would of been happy if he'd of come in as boss in previous years so the fact we've got him in to assist our up and coming manager is a win win for me. :chubb: