Next Oldham Manager?

Just now, singe said:

Logical, but appointing someone he is agent for is dodgy as, isn;t it?

That'd be a concern for sure, whether the football league would allow it would be a stumbling block. My only feeling on that is, if he's going to invest and want his own man would clearing that with the relevant bodies be part of the due diligence before investing. Seems a bit stupid that he'd invest, go to hire Correa only to be told he's not allowed too.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, jbrown23 said:

I'd take Correa, if he's mates with the new investor I'd like to think he'll back him with funds, he's not getting to leave his mate out to dry. If he can be successful here it may get him a move to a team with greater stature, no doubt Abdallah will make money off him as Correa's agent so it's in his interests to back him financially here. Could be a win win win for all involved.

I'd take anyone if Corney fucks off.

Abadallah can't do any worse, can he?

Even if he can, its the same headache, just a different dickhead.

20 minutes ago, jbrown23 said:

I'd take Correa, if he's mates with the new investor I'd like to think he'll back him with funds, he's not getting to leave his mate out to dry. If he can be successful here it may get him a move to a team with greater stature, no doubt Abdallah will make money off him as Correa's agent so it's in his interests to back him financially here. Could be a win win win for all involved.

Are you actually serious?

Well three As might already have this sorted or we could have another thread breaking 2,000.  I don't give a toss as long as Abdallah Lemsagam gets whatever he is up to sorted so we can spend endless days trying to work out what it is and how it will impact on us via the performance of our team.

Manager after manager has 'failed' because for the last 15 years the goal has been league 1 survival and the minimum has been spent (investment is a misnomer unless there is some clever scheme going on).  Doesn't matter who it is if the goal remains the same IF however we start looking beyond 17th and some money is spent things might look up.  On this score I am firmly a pessimist.

Dowie very interested and has already spoken to Corney once Shez decided yesterday that he wanted to step down.  

Dowie looking longer than just this season though but that can't be guaranteed by  Corney, which suggests new regime in soon and making decisions.

Depends how quickly this investment takes to be rubber-stamped I guess but appears to be a divide in whether we remain with a manager who knows the league or one from overseas known to Lemsagam.

1 hour ago, jbrown23 said:

I thought Abdallah isn't an agent anymore?

23 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Dowie very interested and has already spoken to Corney once Shez decided yesterday that he wanted to step down.  

Dowie looking longer than just this season though but that can't be guaranteed by  Corney, which suggests new regime in soon and making decisions.

Depends how quickly this investment takes to be rubber-stamped I guess but appears to be a divide in whether we remain with a manager who knows the league or one from overseas known to Lemsagam.

:petesake:

5 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Why would you like to see Tisdale?

If you look at the infrastructure at Exeter that he's played a big part in developing then you would see why.  They have a production line of young talent getting regular football or sold on for substantial money.

Sadly there's absolutely no chance of us getting him.  He is the most settled manager in the EFL at present.

2 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Are you actually serious?

Serious that I'd be happy with Correa, yeah. A look at that list of bookies odds stinks of tired, out dated managers that keep getting jobs because they had one good season 8 years ago, and total novices looking to learn. I don't see Oldham Athletic in its current form being the sort of club you dip your toes in the water without any prior experience.

The rest is just me speculating reasons why it could happen which. Feel free to disagree though

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Bookies' markets on these things are essentially garbage but am still vaguely intrigued as to why Darren Ferguson would be second favourite.

I had a text to lump on a few hours ago. Someone's said something as he's come from nowhere. Mate got 4s after he got the text and was well longer than that a few hours earlier. 6/4 now! Hopefully bullshit.

23 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

I had a text to lump on a few hours ago. Someone's said something as he's come from nowhere. Mate got 4s after he got the text and was well longer than that a few hours earlier. 6/4 now! Hopefully bullshit.

Not happy personally by many have stated we need an experienced British Manager than knows the game.....

Fits that bill.

Id prefer Pablo