Great Latics debuts & instant cult heroes....

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Can anyone remember if Bruce Grobelaar's home debut was preceded by a warm-up and hitting the Chaddy End crossbar from outside the box with 3 shots out 3?                                                                                                

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Can anyone remember if Bruce Grobelaar's home debut was preceded by a warm-up and hitting the Chaddy End crossbar from outside the box with 3 shots out 3?                                                                                                

I thought it was 2 penalties. people laughed after the first but not after the second

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hes certainly got a seat at the top table for worst player others include the likes of Phil Starbuck. Rocket Ronnie Jepson Kiegan Parker, Joe Colbeck, Dean Brill and Warren Feeney amongst a long line of others who I've forgotten about that itself is a thread on its own.

Rather have Brill than Cor-fucki-nell

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hes certainly got a seat at the top table for worst player others include the likes of Phil Starbuck. Rocket Ronnie Jepson Kiegan Parker, Joe Colbeck, Dean Brill and Warren Feeney amongst a long line of others who I've forgotten about that itself is a thread on its own.

Jamie Reckord's performance at Lincoln gets him into that august company 

8 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I can vaguely remember his warm up was taking penalties trying to hit the post rather than the crossbar. I only remember him seeing him play that 1 game against Burnley when we drew 3-3. He was pretty shit and I got my first glimpse of what Burnley fans were like. I.e. the type of men who eat Bananas with their feet and attempt to breed with vegetables.

9 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Yep, remember it very well.

19 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Still without question the worst player I’ve ever seen in a Latics shirt, followed closely by Neil Moore.

Neil Moore was a strange one - I think the guy suffered stage fright, I did think he had some basic talent unlike some of the others mentioned but at Oldham everything he did or tried to do was a disaster and he just got worse. Feeney was the biggest fraud of a footballer I have ever seen. The in-laws were massive Stockport fans and they worshipped him. How the hell he played so many games for us I don't know.  It was not a lack of confidence like Neil Moore that made him shit it was a total lack of effort and to me that is the worst crime.

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Dr Diego Cervero, now aged 34 and playing part-time, has already scored 23 goals for CD Mirandes and exceeded his previous best of 22 in the 2012-13 season with Real Oviedo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DawrNz8X4AIG7Mp?format=jpg

The Best player to never play for us this lad....

Didnt he score like 3 or 4 in a trial match as well for us?

8 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Dr Diego Cervero, now aged 34 and playing part-time, has already scored 23 goals for CD Mirandes and exceeded his previous best of 22 in the 2012-13 season with Real Oviedo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DawrNz8X4AIG7Mp?format=jpg

I witnessed his one goal in the ressie game at Fleetwood, vs blackpool