Pompey Away

Not seen a thread regarding game yet, so thought I'd get the ball rolling....

Personally would start with the same team as Saturday with straight swaps of Edmundson & Holloway for Wilson & Doyle.

500 or so tics all aboard the potential seedorf train, should be a good day out.

What team would everyone play?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Andy-latic said:

320 tickets sold in advance for this one apparently, so should bump to 5/600 with pay on the dayers, myself included

Will be there with a good mate - a couple of beers in The Good Companion, maybe another in the Milton.

Portsmouth play in blue so another outing for the strikingly attractive away kit. 

Just now, TheBigDog said:

Will be there with a good mate - a couple of beers in The Good Companion, maybe another in the Milton.

Portsmouth play in blue so another outing for the strikingly attractive away kit. 

Sounds good, I'm toying between The Good Companion or The Shepherds Crook... Probably go both if time allows. Some decent boozers in Portsmouth.

Think if its a 3 at the back, Edmunson or Gerrard we revert to type almost, excluding Bryan at the back.  If Shez knew he needed to change the back line surely Wellens will realise it doesnt work.  With Brian Wilson at the right of the 3 it looked more secure on Tue.  Dont think Gerrard or Edmunson is suited to playing there- better in a two?

Dummy rb, hunt left back, bryan and Clarke what i would go with.  Wouldnt play Holloway either but seems its a swap for Doyle. 

Edited by deckyd

1 hour ago, deckyd said:

Think if its a 3 at the back, Edmunson or Gerrard we revert to type almost excluding Bryan at the back.  If Shez new he needed to change the back line surely Wellens will realise it doesnt work.  With Brian Wilson at the right of the 3 it looked more secure on Tue.  Dont think Gerrard or Edmunson is suited to playing there- better in a two?

Dummy rb, hunt left back, bryan and Clarke what i would go with.  Wouldnt play Holloway either but seems its a swap for Doyle. 

3 at the back, Id be playing Hunt/Clarke/Bryan. Edmundson showed hes not up to it yet and way to slow. Gerrard, see Edmundson, but left sided. Think we would be better off going 4-5-1 with Davies on his own.

1 hour ago, youngen said:

3 at the back, Id be playing Hunt/Clarke/Bryan. Edmundson showed hes not up to it yet and way to slow. Gerrard, see Edmundson, but left sided. Think we would be better off going 4-5-1 with Davies on his own.

Would agree. 4-5-1 would suit us with the squad available.  Think Wellens said during interview though that Holloway would come in for Doyle..... lets hope he was bluffing!

Am I missing something or are Dummigan and Hunt too small to play in a back 3 as some of you have suggested? I always though 3 at the back meant 3 centre halfs or a Brian Wilson type who can play both there and at fullback..? 

4-5-1 makes sense with Doyle being out and them being free scoring lately.

I have a sneaky feeling Doyle might make a miraculous recovery though... 

21 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Am I missing something or are Dummigan and Hunt too small to play in a back 3 as some of you have suggested? I always though 3 at the back meant 3 centre halfs or a Brian Wilson type who can play both there and at fullback..? 

4-5-1 makes sense with Doyle being out and them being free scoring lately.

I have a sneaky feeling Doyle might make a miraculous recovery though... 

?