Pompey Away

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Anyone know what a, "din," is as applied to an enthusiastic young football supporter who you aren't keen on?

Dinlow, or dinlo, is the Romany word for an idiotor fool. It has also been incorporated in the rural dialects of some farming communities, such as Portsmouth in Hampshire, where there is a large gypsy population.

A worzel overheard talking in a Portsmouth inn: "I are a right dinlow when I bin shanting."

Thanks Urban dictionary

4 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Strewth reading that Pompey message board made two things happen

(1) My eyes bleed

(2) Made me appreciate the quality of the OWTB forum - thanks be to the admin team

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Dinlow, or dinlo, is the Romany word for an idiotor fool. It has also been incorporated in the rural dialects of some farming communities, such as Portsmouth in Hampshire, where there is a large gypsy population.

A worzel overheard talking in a Portsmouth inn: "I are a right dinlow when I bin shanting."

Thanks Urban dictionary

You learn something every day

I have a friend who supports Portsmouth [where he hails from] and the first thing he said when I saw him yesterday was...
"You lot started trouble...that guy taking his top off!"

My response was something along the lines of the climate being almost tropical, down there in Portsmouth...oh and by the way...your team lost.
Apparently, they will be "Doing us" at BP. :D 

Oakes1983 @Oakes1983 Oct 2

My favourite of the weekend, @georgeOAFC1999 doesn't run. #oafc

Pompey Pedro @MagicMendes22 Sep 30

Pompey Pedro Retweeted Martin McInnes

Imagine running on the pitch to fight away fans because a bloke with his top off was "goading" you ???

Pompey Pedro added,

Martin McInnes @Pompey_1976
Not surprised it kicked off - they been goading for ages and got away with it - especially the twat with no top on
3 replies 11 retweets 21 likes

Luke @lukebrison Sep 30

Fair play to the Oldham fans, best that have been Fratton park this season so far, especially the little cunt with his top off on the stairs

5 replies 19 retweets 73 likes

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/hunt-to-name-men-after-pompey-disorder-continues-as-14-are-identified-1-8218662

Few early morning calls and banning orders about to be issued on the south coast by the look of this, a lot of kids goaded on by a couple who really should know better are going to find themselves up in court now for effectively fuck all.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/hunt-to-name-men-after-pompey-disorder-continues-as-14-are-identified-1-8218662

Few early morning calls and banning orders about to be issued on the south coast by the look of this, a lot of kids goaded on by a couple who really should know better are going to find themselves up in court now for effectively fuck all.

Is this the "fuck all" that meant Latics fans having to be secretly led out of the ground? If so the cunts deserve everything they get.

Edited by Magic Mikey
Typos

47 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Is this the "fuck all" that meant Latics fans having to be secretly led out of the ground? If so the cunts deserve everything they get.

Hardly mass disorder and in any other walk of life the police would be able to do absolutely nothing, few handbags and thirty lads are going to have criminal records which is totally disproportionate to what actually went on.

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hardly mass disorder and in any other walk of life the police would be able to do absolutely nothing, few handbags and thirty lads are going to have criminal records which is totally disproportionate to what actually went on.

Perhaps getting those criminal records may make them think twice next time.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Altogether now..... "It's never their fault it's never their fault....."

• 3 months later...

Fines, payment of costs and three-year banning orders for two of the Pompey pitch invaders.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/pitch-invaders-handed-bans-from-pompey-1-8359209

Topoff maligned twice by Pompey Pedro:

I want to know how this Wesley bloke feels this morning. It’s cracking me up everytime I think about it. 3 year ban for pretending to try and fight a Northern child with learning disabilities. It’s just too much

·5h

Imagine being banned from football for 3 years because you let a fat topless kid from Oldham get in your head hahaha

Edited by Diego_Sideburns