Ian Wright on Twitter

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Agree about the tweet, people tagging the BBC and the like into it worse though.

Ian Wright sent the 1st abusive tweet and it was he who included BBC sport into his reply to a tweet that was only stating facts. Any subsequent reply or retweet automatically includes them....thanks to him!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Ian Wright sent the 1st abusive tweet and it was he who included BBC sport into his reply to a tweet that was only stating facts. Any subsequent reply or retweet automatically includes them....thanks to him!

He wasn't even tagged in the original tweets either.

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

Is that you thinking I thought you did or you agreeing with me?

I'm agreeing with you. I tweeted a response to BBC sport to a video. I mentioned Shearer then I mentioned Wright to point out past behaviours and the hypocrisy of the 2 of them sitting in judgment of Ali when neither were angels themselves . No abuse just a recap of events and facts . Next thing he's being abusive but I didn't tweet them directly.

Of course I may have made up for that since (I've called him a scumbag nothing worse)  but he cast the first stone ?

21 hours ago, Downender said:

always thought he was a 100% player and do enjoy his punditry

as suggested, someone may have said something derogatory but he should have been big enough to rise above that kind of stuff

spitting at him is just the lowest of the lows imh. doesn't give him the right to gob back mind  

Personally, I think racism is lower than spitting.

22 hours ago, JoeP said:

He helped keep us up by scoring against Palace on the last day of the 1992/93 season!

Nice one, Wrighty!

Funny thing is he once scored for Palace at Oldham before his move to Arsenal and the Chaddy applauded him.

Edited by Forte_Baby

32 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Dickov got 2 that day. Think they were his first professional goals.

Are you sure I thought his first goals came against us?

Edit - he only got one vs Palace which may have been his first.

He scored 2 against us the league cup at Highbury a few months later. Possibly first cup goals.

Edited by palmer1

5 hours ago, JoeP said:

He helped keep us up by scoring against Palace on the last day of the 1992/93 season!

Nice one, Wrighty!

He did indeed. He also scored the most spectacular fluke I've ever seen against us at Selhurst Park (Div 2). Went for a volley, totally mishit it, and it went with as much spin as a table tennis trick shot over Goram's head and into the far top corner. 

4 hours ago, Forte_Baby said:

Funny thing is he once scored for Palace at Oldham before his move to Palace and the Chaddy applauded him.

He scored for palace,before moving to palace?. No wonder we gave him a clap

4 hours ago, Forte_Baby said:

Funny thing is he once scored for Palace at Oldham before his move to Palace and the Chaddy applauded him.

I knew he was good but Jesus that's amazing ! Scoring goals for palace before he even played for them ! Legend ? 

Edit just seen some other sarcastic bleeder beat me to it. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick