PLAYERS STAFF STEWARDS NOT PAID - CRISIS

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought the players where meant to get paid on the 31st?

Maybe a day late it seems? Gerrards tweet indicates it has happened again this month but would like to think Mike has checked properly with the club. 

The bollocks about half hour on Saturday would be before payday anyway right? 

And weren't we only just paid before Blackburn? Yet played the highest budgeted team in the league off the park for most of the game.

This will happen until the take over, especially if it's true about some of the wages of the new lads...

FWIW Alan Nixon who's normally a sarcastic pain on Twitter when it comes to questions about the take over, seemed to say yesterday it is actually close this time...

Edited by aaronoafc

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

and if the takeover doesn't go through then it will happen at least another 11 times in the next 19 months.... if we don't go bust that is.

is this news?  don't we all know this by now?  Its hand to mouth at best.

nobody is happy or ok with it, but its how it is.

:sign0003:Excuser of failure.

Not sure how Latics pay works, but there can be a difference between expected and contractual paydays.  For example my contract states 15th off the month, but if that falls on a weekend it is normal process to pay on the last working day before the 15th of the month - so on some months that might be as early as the 13th (or even 12th if there is a BH involved).

I would expect to get paid on the 13th, but the company could pay me on a Sunday and meet my contractual commitments.

We all know we are in financial difficulties, and the increased squad has no doubt pressured that further.  I presume that by January we will either be under new ownership or that we will see a change in our squad as players are let go?

4 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Not sure how Latics pay works, but there can be a difference between expected and contractual paydays.  For example my contract states 15th off the month, but if that falls on a weekend it is normal process to pay on the last working day before the 15th of the month - so on some months that might be as early as the 13th (or even 12th if there is a BH involved).

I would expect to get paid on the 13th, but the company could pay me on a Sunday and meet my contractual commitments.

We all know we are in financial difficulties, and the increased squad has no doubt pressured that further.  I presume that by January we will either be under new ownership or that we will see a change in our squad as players are let go?

Mine's every 28 days, thought most would be the same nowadays.

23 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Thats due to BACS payments not going into a bank account on a weekend. 

20 hours ago, kowenicki said:

and if the takeover doesn't go through then it will happen at least another 11 times in the next 19 months.... if we don't go bust that is.

is this news?  don't we all know this by now?  Its hand to mouth at best.

nobody is happy or ok with it, but its how it is.

So what changes between contracted pay day and real pay day?

Pay day isn't a surprise, it happens every month. There has been no game between Tuesday and today so where has the cash suddenly come from and why couldn't it be available a day or two sooner?

I worry about getting another winding up order.

5 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

So what changes between contracted pay day and real pay day?

Pay day isn't a surprise, it happens every month. There has been no game between Tuesday and today so where has the cash suddenly come from and why couldn't it be available a day or two sooner?

I worry about getting another winding up order.

You'd love it more like.

20 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Not sure why Gerrard would get involved.  Not going to endear him to the potential new owner is it.  Be better off saying nothing. 

The potential new owner might intend to pay people on time, in which case why would he be upset by Gerrard having a go a the previous regime?

Whilst I wouldn't take the approach of shouting about it on social media myself, I can understand why the people affected would be pissed off enough to do so.

13 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

The potential new owner might intend to pay people on time, in which case why would he be upset by Gerrard having a go a the previous regime?

Whilst I wouldn't take the approach of shouting about it on social media myself, I can understand why the people affected would be pissed off enough to do so.

I can't.  It serves no purpose.  Someone said earlier we would all do the same if we didn't get paid.  I seriously doubt that most people would be on twitter telling the world, as most people would fear they may get in trouble with their employer or at the very least ruin their relationship.  Footballers live in a different world to the rest of us where they have long fixed term contracts, not 1 or 3 month notice periods and the ability to be sacked within 2 years for feck all.  

The new regime may think "this Gerrard is a trouble causer"... or they may not.  

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I can't.  It serves no purpose.  Someone said earlier we would all do the same if we didn't get paid.  I seriously doubt that most people would be on twitter telling the world, as most people would fear they may get in trouble with their employer or at the very least ruin their relationship.  Footballers live in a different world to the rest of us where they have long fixed term contracts, not 1 or 3 month notice periods and the ability to be sacked within 2 years for feck all.  

The new regime may think "this Gerrard is a trouble causer"... or they may not.  

I was in a job where we were told they didn't know when they could pay us, I secured another job and handed in my notice within 2 weeks.

Footballers can't do that due to being contracted. Other than getting lawyers involved, venting his frustrations is about all he can do

I don't bother with any public social media but I'd have no worries stating that I hadn't been paid which is a fact. No way you could get into trouble for it or else they'd have the worry of an unfair dismissal trial on their hands as well as not being able to pay their staff

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Don't be stupid. If nobody knew about it, it would probably take even longer for tho affected to actually recieve what they have been promised.

What a ridiculous notion and accusation. 

Edited by kowenicki

22 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Latics' payday is the last Friday of the month?

We have possibly a similar  problem at work, our payday is the last day of the month, and where  certain bank accounts process that either the Friday or the Monday. Had to have a letter in the end explaining it.

I'm not denying we're paying late, in the shit, or diminishing it, and if it was that issue it should have been communicated, but some people may not even be aware of a problem that the person they work next to has a different pay date to them.

Edited by singe

41 minutes ago, singe said:

We have possibly a similar  problem at work, our payday is the last day of the month, and where  certain bank accounts process that either the Friday or the Monday. Had to have a letter in the en explaining it.

I'm not denying we're paying late, in the shit, or diminishing it, and if it was that issue it should have been communicated, but some people may not even be aware of a problem that the person they work next to has a different pay date to them.

I think after last month's near on two week delay I think it's fair to say this isn't the case.

17 hours ago, cmr said:

I was in a job where we were told they didn't know when they could pay us, I secured another job and handed in my notice within 2 weeks.

Footballers can't do that due to being contracted. Other than getting lawyers involved, venting his frustrations is about all he can do

They can walk away if wages remain unpaid for an extended period. FIFPro says 3 months, can be reduced to 2. Players can also petition FIFA to sanction the club after 41 days. Not sure how effective any of those measures would be.