PLAYERS STAFF STEWARDS NOT PAID - CRISIS

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

How many times have you posted the same in slightly different ways in the last day or two. Calm down pal, you’ll have a coronary 

Probably because im worried about the future of the club, and the ongoing silence, its a joke.

anyway shits about to get real

Edited by rigsby

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m surprised people are surprised. We are hand to mouth.  Sometimes the hand is empty, sometimes it misses the mouth.

SC has very publicly stated he can’t go on this way and needs an investor or sale. 

Until that happens, this will occur from time to time. 

Its shit for those affected but it is not surprising. 

Great post.

I get the impression some people think it is done on purpose or even spitefully.

Corney has his faults no doubt but he has kept the club going (whether he's kept it going well is up for debate) - Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal are both a fucking disgrace and how on Earth they don't get the same, or more wrath and criticism that Corney does is beyond me. They milked their white knight act till the financial crash then pulled the plug at the first opportunity- they now both sit in the OEC taking its day to day money whilst letting the club have a few pounds from pie sales on a match day.

Corney has at least faced the fans a few times - id love an audience with those two bastards 

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Corney has his faults no doubt but he has kept the club going (whether he's kept it going well is up for debate) - Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal are both a fucking disgrace and how on Earth they don't get the same, or more wrath and criticism that Corney does is beyond me. They milked their white knight act till the financial crash then pulled the plug at the first opportunity- they now both sit in the OEC taking its day to day money whilst letting the club have a few pounds from pie sales on a match day.

Corney has at least faced the fans a few times - id love an audience with those two bastards 

agree 100% doubt youll see them 2 snivelling tw**s anywhere near BP again

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m surprised people are surprised. We are hand to mouth.  Sometimes the hand is empty, sometimes it misses the mouth.

SC has very publicly stated he can’t go on this way and needs an investor or sale. 

Until that happens, this will occur from time to time. 

Its shit for those affected but it is not surprising. 

You've probably put it better than I have but why does the dogshit grenade always seem to go off when confidence is high and we appear to be having an upturn in fortune, as much as we can't avoid it it's  massively disappointing. 

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You've probably put it better than I have but why does the dogshit grenade always seem to go off when confidence is high and we appear to be having an upturn in fortune, as much as we can't avoid it it's  massively disappointing. 

It seems to be totally binary at present: either we get rich new owners who do a full reconditioning of our once lovely club, or it hits the buffers. I don't care if the current owners lose out (although I do think SC has given everything he's got, and is probably a really good guy). I just want the deal to close asap - just wondering if the incoming investors are deliberately on a go slow now to put the pressure on as the funds run out - I've had that done to me and it happens every day. 

5 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Agree with you, but I think Corney gets the grief because he is the link and has put himself in that position. He’s not interested in finding revenue streams into the club, his work is mainly finding revenue streams out of the club. I know I’ll get slated for saying that, with people saying we don’t make any money. That’s the point, as a business, which sadly football clubs are nowadays we’re crap. The buck has to stop with him for that.  He is the reason why we are crap and I’m sure that’s why the investment is moving slowly. If I had money to invest I wouldn’t go near a club led by him. Things like the staff being paid might not seem to worry some people, but i’m sure it will bother potential investors. As people have said, if he’s looking to sell the club it massively weakens his position. If he’s looking for investment and wants to stay on as chairman, who in their right mind would want to give him money? I’m a fan of the club and I wouldn’t trust him with a fiver. If he’s worked as hard over the last 10 years to try and bring money into the club as he had getting money out, I’d believe that someone would want to invest in the club. 

3 minutes ago, CD's Orange Heels said:

Agree with you, but I think Corney gets the grief because he is the link and has put himself in that position. He’s not interested in finding revenue streams into the club, his work is mainly finding revenue streams out of the club. I know I’ll get slated for saying that, with people saying we don’t make any money. That’s the point, as a business, which sadly football clubs are nowadays we’re crap. The buck has to stop with him for that.  He is the reason why we are crap and I’m sure that’s why the investment is moving slowly. If I had money to invest I wouldn’t go near a club led by him. Things like the staff being paid might not seem to worry some people, but i’m sure it will bother potential investors. As people have said, if he’s looking to sell the club it massively weakens his position. If he’s looking for investment and wants to stay on as chairman, who in their right mind would want to give him money? I’m a fan of the club and I wouldn’t trust him with a fiver. If he’s worked as hard over the last 10 years to try and bring money into the club as he had getting money out, I’d believe that someone would want to invest in the club. 

I do have to disagree with you on that - Simon  Corney is very much interested In getting revenue streams into the club. I happen to know that the video where he pulled TLH signing off the Rochdale Road End was because they hadn't paid us their sponsorship fee (ironic I know) 

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I do have to disagree with you on that - Simon  Corney is very much interested In getting revenue streams into the club. I happen to know that the video where he pulled TLH signing off the Rochdale Road End was because they hadn't paid us their sponsorship fee (ironic I know) 

Everything to do with the football side has been outsourced or cashed in it's partly why the revenue stream are so poor and we find ourselves under scrutiny with regards to FFP, any monies received from selling your soul has long gone and it appears there is nothing left to sell.

2 hours ago, Gentleman said:

I'd be surprised if we're even paying for Wellens' services.

IF that was the case, his initial success as team manager may mean that someone could come in with an attractive offer and we lose him that way - never mind another manager coming in!

Edited by thetramfixer

24 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Great way to make money - piss off your sponsors. (I don’t believe you by the way, wasn’t it just a transfer of sponsorship from the Frizzell Stand to the North Stand?)

13 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Great way to make money - piss off your sponsors. (I don’t believe you by the way, wasn’t it just a transfer of sponsorship from the Frizzell Stand to the North Stand?)

Has their name miraculously appeared on the North Stand? No, cos Blitz and his mate won't allow anything to do with club appearing on there... and you don't have to believe me mate I couldn't give a shit, I know for a fact TLH pay late, if at all and that video was Simon making a statement 

Difficult but sadly familiar situation.

Its happened a few times over the last few seasons, normally after a period where income has been missing (postponed games etc), and perhaps this time the cost of paying off JS has upset the cash flow?

Wonder how common it is in lower league football?  But my sympathies are with any members of staff impacted - not many people are in the position they could miss a months pay and not take a hit.

7 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Has their name miraculously appeared on the North Stand? No, cos Blitz and his mate won't allow anything to do with club appearing on there... and you don't have to believe me mate I couldn't give a shit, I know for a fact TLH pay late, if at all and that video was Simon making a statement 

Jesus, everyone’s a bit fucking tetchy today.

The season ticket info advertised it as the TLH North Stand (https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/april/season-tickets---this-is-how-it-feels4/) but I haven’t seen anything recently. Maybe you’re right. 

Your point doesn’t make sense still though. If you were bothered about revenue streams, you wouldn’t be pulling stunts to alienate your sponsors. 

8 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Difficult but sadly familiar situation.

Its happened a few times over the last few seasons, normally after a period where income has been missing (postponed games etc), and perhaps this time the cost of paying off JS has upset the cash flow?

Wonder how common it is in lower league football?  But my sympathies are with any members of staff impacted - not many people are in the position they could miss a months pay and not take a hit.

You think Shez has been paid off :laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Jesus, everyone’s a bit fucking tetchy today.

The season ticket info advertised it as the TLH North Stand (https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/april/season-tickets---this-is-how-it-feels4/) but I haven’t seen anything recently. Maybe you’re right. 

Your point doesn’t make sense still though. If you were bothered about revenue streams, you wouldn’t be pulling stunts to alienate your sponsors. 

Not tetchy at all - putting it on tickets is one thing (TLH do now sponsor the North Stand, part of the deal is they should have their name on the stand, they don't) Are you new to Latics? Simon isn't exactly known for being level headed when pissed off - I know that TLH owed money to the club and Simon decided to show them up by removing the signage - believe me or don't it's upto you.  Doesn't take away from the bigger issue on this thread. 

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You think Shez has been paid off :laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

Signed a 2 year contract, got about 10% of the way into it and then left by “mutual consent” then I’d guess he was paid off.

In my experience from a work environment when someone leaves to “pursue new opportunities” (the corporate term for “mutual consent”) then there is a pay-off.

In these circumstances the compromise agreement will be less than the full contract / what they might be entitled to from a severance  - but it will still be sizeable and I’d guess would impact on cash flow of a club/business on the line like we are.

Interested in why you think he didn’t?

27 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

and perhaps this time the cost of paying off JS has upset the cash flow?

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He may well have agreed a pay off but having received it might be a different matter...

Then again, he has brothers. A lot of them :lol:

10 minutes ago, losesome said:

If SC is back in manchester tomorrow then expect statement that all has been settled and just a slight cash flow issue!!

Everything is fine?

Which will be correct.   It is cash flow.  It will be sorted.   However, everything is not fine and, as I have said, Corney has publicly stated it isn’t fine.  He is very aware it isn’t.  His family and bank balance will be all too aware also. 

Are you one of those people that thinks SC does this on purpose and enjoys people not being paid and being miserable? 

We get knocked down,  but we get up again

They're never going to keep us down

We get knocked down,  but we get up again

They're never going to keep us down

I'm sure there's a tune in that for us boys and girls. 

My sympathy goes to anyone trying to sort all this out - for everyone's benefit. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Which will be correct.   It is cash flow.  It will be sorted.   However, everything is not fine and, as I have said, Corney has publicly stated it isn’t fine.  He is very aware it isn’t.  His family and bank balance will be all too aware also. 

Are you one of those people that thinks SC does this on purpose and enjoys people not being paid and being miserable? 

Quite obviously it is a question of capability rather than intent. Still inexcusable