35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Correct me if im wrong but Scholes didnt manage the team but him and his mates own salford but they leave it to others to do the management infact wouldnt him owning salford cause a potential conflict of interest.

He was caretaker manager at Salford for a short time before the current lads took over I believe. 

1 hour ago, Nohairdontcare said:

It'll be Scholes' to turn down. I'd hope it's him with Wellens. I'd be happy with that.

I'm also happy with the line from Keegan that the takeover is ongoing.

May sound stupid but where's the bit about the takeover ongoing??

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

I too would like to see Wellens given a go but let's not go overboard about what he has 'achieved' so far, three wins!! Does that really put him ahead of Paul Scholes who has been involved in coaching at Manchester United, let's get some perspective here. I'd be delighted to see the two of them involved together but as far as club profile and ability to attract players? there's only one winner there.

Lets get some perspective, Wellens has 3 more wins in football management than Scholes 

25 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I'm pretty sure I read it in Keegan's piece on the Mail Online.

'Last season, he was brought in to take a training session at the club. Oldham currently lie in 19th position in League One and a takeover of the club remains ongoing.'

It is there! ?

5 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

'Last season, he was brought in to take a training session at the club. Oldham currently lie in 19th position in League One and a takeover of the club remains ongoing.'

It is there! ?

He took a youth team session to assist in his coaching badges and was allegedly pissed off the fact was leaked... As were the Chinese if reported correctly at the time 

Yeah so Scholes is inexperienced.  But maybe there could be something a bit longer term in it, if he and his buddies are a bit more willing?  Plus he's got the contacts.  Its a bit of a gamble, one I'd like to see taken and beats some of the other crap we've had suggested so far.  Still not sure why people are backing Wellens so strongly after 2 (not 3) games.

All those sniping about Wellens 3 swallows not making a summer - you're right but seeing if he can build on his start would be the lowest cost, lowest level of commitment option for the club...

And most fans want it....

Not giving him a deal until January (or probably the end of the season as that seems to be how these things work) would be the biggest, daftest gamble of all in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Lets get some perspective, Wellens has 3 more wins in football management than Scholes 

Poor argument, on that basis Kelly, Dunn and Robinson should be asked to apply. More than three wins each I suspect.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Fly on the wall in the interview.

1st question Paul, can you lend us a few quid for a couple of weeks please....

2 hours ago, 4oakslatic said:

Ffs lend not borrow 

I believe the word you are both looking for is donate. With the expectation of not getting it back in either a few weeks or few decades.

I sincerely hope not. Fantastic player and may have all the contacts in the world but comes across dull and not the kind of person to inspire a team. For what it's worth I think wellness deserves a shot. Not only have we won 3 games but we have won them well. Good positive football. He should feel aggrieved if it is given to a rookie after the difference his management has brought in the last half a month.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Poor argument, on that basis Kelly, Dunn and Robinson should be asked to apply. More than three wins each I suspect.

All had none when they took on the job had they not? Same as Scholes... don't get me wrong if he's the man I'm all behind him but smacks of a propoganda campaign - like Sven at Notts County. Wellens has taken a woeful performing team, got them performing and won 3 from 3 - really struggling how people are not wanting him to have a chance because non manager Scholes gets touted 

Edited by Buckshawlatic