I can see what’s going on here Corney is clever, he knows Scholes has never wanted the job, bad press about the wages not being paid last week then meets with Scholes for “advice” lights fuel to the mangers position fire knowing full well he would get world wide exposure job done ??

4 hours ago, IceStationLatic said:

Tell Wellens he won’t get the job because he lacks experience. 

Appoint a manager with no experience. 

Typical Latics. 

Wellens has won 2 league games on the trot and we’re hailing him as the messiah. He’s made a massive difference on the field no doubt and comes across really well in the media but let’s not get carried away.

At any other period over the last 5 years the prospect of Scholes in the dugout would have had the vast majority of our supporters wetting themselves!!

His contacts list alone would be brilliant for this club and who wouldn’t want to work on the pitch with him. He could probably attract players we could only dream about.

I think a Scholes/Wellens partnership is the way to go and could be amazing, regardless of their obvious lack of experience. 

Edited by oafc1955

8 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

I can see what’s going on here Corney is clever, he knows Scholes has never wanted the job, bad press about the wages not being paid last week then meets with Scholes for “advice” lights fuel to the mangers position fire knowing full well he would get world wide exposure job done ??

Yes i think thats a good call.

Im increasingly thinking this is a smokescreen and scholes isnt going to get the job.

My moneys on RW.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:50 PM, rigsby said:

Yes i think thats a good call.

Im increasingly thinking this is a smokescreen and scholes isnt going to get the job.

My moneys on RW.

Shame i didnt put money where my mouth was.

Another great call by the guru of OWTB.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Surely he would relish the chance to play for his idol Frankie Bunn? Even coming on for 10-20 minutes in games could be useful.

The time for this was five or six seasons ago or when he re-signed for manure. Could have put a thousand or so on the gate then but wanted time out of the game.  

Would be a sideshow we can do without now.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

What would the downside be?

Erm, let's see. Oh its 5 years since he retired. We already have one midfielder who seems unable to regain his fitness-lets sign another who hasn't kicked a ball in anger for 5 yrs. How much would he cost in wages-no doubt you think he will play for washers. Does he show any indication of wanting to play again? No.

That do for you?

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Erm, let's see. Oh its 5 years since he retired. We already have one midfielder who seems unable to regain his fitness-lets sign another who hasn't kicked a ball in anger for 5 yrs. How much would he cost in wages-no doubt you think he will play for washers. Does he show any indication of wanting to play again? No.

That do for you?

He's kicked a ball twice in the past two weeks.

No harm in asking, worst he can do is say no.

• 4 months later...