Forgotten Heroes

15 hours ago, Andyt84 said:

I'm sure I remember him scoring a milestone goal for us and taking his shirt off to reveal a vest with the number on

200th League goal (and 230th career goal) v Northampton at BP on 14th February 2009.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3323/3279737012_aa03ef3502.jpg

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=8627

On 9/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, mikejh45 said:

I could be wrong on this bit, I think Whitehall turned Desailly in the penalty box and could have had a clear shot if Desailly hadn't embarrassingly fallen over and the ref, Paul "Pickled" Durkin, hadn't blown for a very dodgy foul. I thought at the time..."Soft French Tart"......not like our present Frenchies.

Anybody else remember the ketchup soaked, half eaten sausage roll lobbed (very accurately I might add) at Durkin.....he felt his head and saw what he thought was blood and almost fainted?

Whitehall hit one from the edge of the box De Gooey got a touch onto the post it proceeded to hit him on the back and squirm out. Dux had an easy tap in until Desailly got there first with more than an element of a shove sending Dux into the net. That performance is the one that kept us up that year there were still some nervy moments but after the game we showed a belief that hadn’t been seen all season with a wins at Notts County and York and Home wins v Blackpool and Lincoln. 4 wins out of 5 which proved massive at the end of the year. Only matched by the 4 wins in the last 6 which proved enough to keep us up.

Back to the Chelsea game Vialli was kept quiet by Garnett for around 65 minutes until limping off. Unfortunately young Iain Swann couldn’t match his experienced team mate and class told. Cracking cup tie though and I’m adamant that shove on Dux was a pen...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 11:52 AM, oafcprozac said:

If I remember rightly he went over there for an extended period in the spring of 1994 to try and get fit for the World Cup. He only made one more appearance for us that season at Newcastle in April after getting injured at Bramall Lane on NYD. He wasn't dropped, simply injured and then struggled for fitness, reserve games that season piled up due to postponements and a first team pile up due to the FAC run and more postponements. If you think the pitch has been poor over the last few years you had to see it back then it was dire, not conducive to help players recovering from injury.

We'd loaned players out to Scandinavia before in the 80s with Neil Edmonds and Norman Kelly playing over in Sweden. 

Gunnar signed for £280k the same day we paid £300k for Paul Kane. It took me a long time to appreciate Gunnar but the year we went down he was the shining light until we sold him in December 1996.

Took me a while to appreciate him and Jobson as was a big Paul Warhurst fan and blamed them for him leaving lol. Kids logic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just remembered saw Dudders in his flash Latics Learn Izbia before with a personal reg plate before ..

Dont care though, seen him loads in Scoobys and he’s down as Earth.

Grew up watching up with Allott and Tippo

One day soon we’re gonna have a massive party

49 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Just remembered saw Dudders in his flash Latics Learn Izbia before with a personal reg plate before ..

Dont care though, seen him loads in Scoobys and he’s down as Earth.

Grew up watching up with Allott and Tippo

One day soon we’re gonna have a massive party

Bing on you?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Bing on you?

If we win at Wembley this season I’ll take you, Sir Sheridan and Lord Andy to the Georgian and get a bing each. That’s a promise.

Please note Sir Sheridan and Lord Andy probably won’t come so it’ll be half the price but Ry I’ll stick to my word.

Latics22 you can come as well.

Choo f*cking choo

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

If we win at Wembley this season I’ll take you, Sir Sheridan and Lord Andy to the Georgian and get a bing each. That’s a promise.

Please note Sir Sheridan and Lord Andy probably won’t come so it’ll be half the price but Ry I’ll stick to my word.

Latics22 you can come as well.

Choo f*cking choo

I was about to say can I come 😂

• 1 month later...