Stott and Edmundson out on loan

If they can both get game time together, that will benefit us hugely. These two do need to be brought into the first team set up at some point soon.. the best thing we've done now is take Gerrard out of the 3 at the back.

Wilson Clarke and Bryan (Bryan especially) will provide the back 3 with enough pace compared to what we was getting crucified by teams with earlier in the season. 

But stott and/or edmunson can definitely provide cover for the two either side of clarke, Gerrard should really only come into the side if Clarke gets a knock. 

1 hour ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I'm assuming this means that the Haiti player, Ambrose I think, is signed up and ready to play. Otherwise no, not enough cover. 

I would imagine that allowing this means that they will pay more towards their wages too, probably in full.

46 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Really strange that we've never announced him. 

We often delay announcing our signings until as late as possible, if at all. We did this under different managers and given the Doyle situation at Pompey I can see this being another ploy by Wellens.

If Blackburn don't know about him they can't plan for him.

32 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

We often delay announcing our signings until as late as possible, if at all. We did this under different managers and given the Doyle situation at Pompey I can see this being another ploy by Wellens.

If Blackburn don't know about him they can't plan for him.

They'd wouldn't know anything about him except that a racist once mistook him for Fane anyway

3 hours ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I'm assuming this means that the Haiti player, Ambrose I think, is signed up and ready to play. Otherwise no, not enough cover. 

Well I've just found his Twitter and there is a picture of him at the top of the Boundary Park steps overlooking the ground and he liked the tweet about Placide's debut so he's definately on trial!

• 3 weeks later...

Stott back from Fylde and straight out again on loan to Curzon Ashton. What’s the score there? Seemed a decent player at the back end of last season, surely he could force his way into our suspect defence? 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/november/10112017-jamie-stott-joins-curzon-ashton/

Edited by Dick_Valentine

19 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Stott back from Fylde and straight out again on loan to Curzon Ashton. What’s the score there? Seemed a decent player at the back end of last season, surely he could force his way into our suspect defence? 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/november/10112017-jamie-stott-joins-curzon-ashton/

I would imagine it's a case of not quite ready to play for us every match and he wasn't getting any matches in at Fylde.

50 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Bad attitude at Fylde is what I've heard, wasn't happy about being named as a substitute so was left out of the squad altogether, may or may not be true.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bad attitude at Fylde is what I've heard, wasn't happy about being named as a substitute so was left out of the squad altogether, may or may not be true.

Heard it was an arguement with their gaffer but terms of the deal was he played games. So appears they haven’t stuck to their side of the deal.