• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to the OP I noticed the pitch was not in the best of conditions moments before kick-off and was going to comment on it myself. Considering we have just had a bit of a break I was surprised but I can only base my thoughts on what I saw on Ifollow and have no idea how good or bad the weather has been in Oldham.

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

Do any moaning buggers actually live in Oldham. Its been horrendous weather for grass this year and the pitch is fine considering the rain in recent weeks. Remember pitch v Plymouth in 1970s we won 7-1 and mud was ankle deep and deeper in 6 yard box.. Soft sods its not crown green bowls. Get on with it. 

Leave Crown green bowling alone! 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Just looked at the NW football highlights on Granada and our pitch is definitely cutting up and looks decidedly inferior to that of our local clubs.

Don't know what highlights you've been watching but the ones on the club website and at the game the pitch was in great nic. 

Met Office saying over 90% chance of 9 hours rain from 12 noon tomorrow.....that would seriously damage the pitch for the season just as the Mansfield cup replay did a couple of years ago. Playing in ambient rain is the really killer for vulnerable pitches

2 hours ago, Magister said:

Met Office saying over 90% chance of 9 hours rain from 12 noon tomorrow.....that would seriously damage the pitch for the season just as the Mansfield cup replay did a couple of years ago. Playing in ambient rain is the really killer for vulnerable pitches

Ambient rain? As opposed to just, rain? :lol:

Having a poor quality pitch last year may have actually helped us, for the first time in donkey's years we have an entertaining team who thrive on making killer passes. Having a good pitch to maintain the quality football we are currently enjoying is crucial. I don't see this issue as just another chance to whinge.

2 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

Having a poor quality pitch last year may have actually helped us, for the first time in donkey's years we have an entertaining team who thrive on making killer passes. Having a good pitch to maintain the quality football we are currently enjoying is crucial. I don't see this issue as just another chance to whinge.

Rain forecast for the Bury game, don't worrry though we will be watering the pitch before kick off and at half-time.