Oldham Athletic Nil

3 minutes ago, rteoafc said:

That’s 25 goals in the league so far this season.

Last season we reached that landmark on 14 March!

Scored more than top of the league ....

Sure last year we conceded less than top of the league! Contrast of change.

Edited by oafcshuck

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

12!

I'll have a look tomorrow. First time since at least 2010 we've scored in 12 successive league games. Part of me doubts if we've ever done it in this league before.

Some record. Great chance to keep it going as well.

There could be errors here because I’ve not done the most forensic search (in particular, in both this search and generally, I’ve tried to block any football played under Penney, Dunn, Robinson and Kelly from my memory) but it looks like we scored in 12 successive league games under Sheridan (that period in 06/07 ending at Scunthorpe), under Dowie (Sep-Nov 02) and under Ritchie (first 12 games of 01/02).

The only longer run* that I can find since we’ve been stuck in this league was 14 games from September to November 1999. Out of interest, and for a bit of turn of the century nostalgia, the scorers during that period were both McNivens, Mark Allott (version 1), Stuart Thom, Richard Graham, Lee Duxbury, John Sheridan, Paul Rickers, Craig Dudley, Neil Adams and Steve Whitehall.

*edit: apart from the one under Wadsworth which oafcmetty pointed out above!

Edited by rteoafc
Because I managed to miss something that had already been quoted in this thread!

On 25/10/2017 at 0:32 AM, rteoafc said:

There could be errors here because I’ve not done the most forensic search (in particular, in both this search and generally, I’ve tried to block any football played under Penney, Dunn, Robinson and Kelly from my memory) but it looks like we scored in 12 successive league games under Sheridan (that period in 06/07 ending at Scunthorpe), under Dowie (Sep-Nov 02) and under Ritchie (first 12 games of 01/02).

The only longer run* that I can find since we’ve been stuck in this league was 14 games from September to November 1999. Out of interest, and for a bit of turn of the century nostalgia, the scorers during that period were both McNivens, Mark Allott (version 1), Stuart Thom, Richard Graham, Lee Duxbury, John Sheridan, Paul Rickers, Craig Dudley, Neil Adams and Steve Whitehall.

*edit: apart from the one under Wadsworth which oafcmetty pointed out above!

I once had a meal with Stuart thom

Sorry - found 14 in a row, end of 03/04, start of 04/05 season under Talbot:

Walsall Home W 5-3
Wrexham Home L 2-3
Luton Away L 1-2
Notts Co Away D 1-1
Chesterfield Home W 2-0
Swindon Away W 2-1
Wrexham Home D 1-1
Plymouth Home W 4-1
Stockport Away D 1-1
Peterborough Home D 1-1