McLaughlin.......would you

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

This could put me off football!!!

Just out of interest, at what point does the ref issue a red card......at the commencement of being gobbled or at the completion of being gobbled? 

Spitting is an immediate red card...

YardDog the greatest footballer of all time that Oldham Athletic has ever had , had lots of baggage when he arrived at Oldham from Hibs but what a bloody good player he was . He also played with half a bottle of whiskey in him and he was consistent for a good few seasons. Byrne reminds me a lot of him because he has great football skill and Bobby J also liked to have a go at a ref. 

On 20/10/2017 at 6:16 AM, palmer1 said:

Yep I read it...

I havent said he isnt or wasnt rated I'm saying Oldham fans are fickle. 2 month ago McLaughlin was touted for a move away. People went berserk about Corney, screamed blue murder and threatened to never go again. It was the end of the world!

No they didn't/it wasn't :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: And for the rare balloon that may have completely over-exaggerated, you're doing a great impression of the same.

Edited by boundaryblue80

30 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

No they didn't/it wasn't :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: And for the rare balloon that may have completely over-exaggerated, you're doing a great impression of the same.

yes they did/no it wasn't

and when I make the points I make, if you think you didn't say those things then Im probably not talking about you.

Disclaimer: you'd never exaggerate anything on here or on twitter would you.....POP!

23 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

yes they did/no it wasn't

and when I make the points I make, if you think you didn't say those things then Im probably not talking about you.

Disclaimer: you'd never exaggerate anything on here or on twitter would you.....POP!

Oh I like a good exaggeration. Emphasis on the word "good" there.

I read plenty of the Ryan Mac stuff. Yeah, some moaning and bitching about if he went but claims people weren't coming again coz of it??? You took them opinions seriously??? :lol:

Edited by boundaryblue80

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Oh I like a good exaggeration. Emphasis on the word "good" there.

I read plenty of the Ryan Mac stuff. Yeah, some moaning and bitching but if he went but claims people weren't coming again coz it??? You took them opinions seriously??? :lol:

So first they didn't happen at all and now they did but I'm not supposed to treat them seriously? Nice one...

On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 7:55 AM, yarddog73 said:

I wouldn't judge Byrnes consistency on a handful of games we've seen him in, he came with baggage and there is obviously some issues otherwise he wouldn't of been shown the door so abruptly at Wigan, don't get me wrong he's a tremendous footballer and a joy to watch when he's on it but does seem to have a petulant streak to his game when he seems to be more interested in gobbing off at the ref than doing the damage with the football.

Trying his best to get sent off again with his petulant behaviour, I'm all for showing passion but that's now another needless booking he's collected for gobbing off.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Trying his best to get sent off again with his petulant behaviour, I'm all for showing passion but that's now another needless booking he's collected for gobbing off.

Take that out of his game you might just lose the terrier instinct, I'm happy for him to be a bit of a loose cannon as he is quality.

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Take that out of his game you might just lose the terrier instinct, I'm happy for him to be a bit of a loose cannon as he is quality.

Not a team player though, if he grows up  and takes some responsibility he could play at an higher level but on tonight's performance you can see why some wouldn't touch him, lacked discipline and for some strange reason didn't want to play the simple pass, hope it's a one off as he's been great so far.

Edited by yarddog73

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Not a team player though, if he grows up  and takes some responsibility he could play at an higher level but on tonight's performance you can see why some wouldn't touch him, lacked discipline and for some strange reason didn't want to play the simple pass, hope it's a one off as he's been great so far.

More chance of us retaining his services, we do need Jack Byrne as he makes us tick.

• 2 weeks later...

Given we weren't given permission to play Jack at Carlisle I'd say that indicates come January we'll struggle to secure his services beyond that point. Shame really and I think Jack would have had a field day at Carlisle. They are poor, but beat us!!

I don’t understand why clubs don’t play it clever, if he has been a bit out of line drop him and say that’s the reason. Will remind Wigan why they didn’t want him in the first place put other clubs off. Bring the price down, admittedly he might be unhappy and never play for us again...

50 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I don’t understand why clubs don’t play it clever, if he has been a bit out of line drop him and say that’s the reason. Will remind Wigan why they didn’t want him in the first place put other clubs off. Bring the price down, admittedly he might be unhappy and never play for us again...

We need him playing as many games for us as we can, not leaving him out deliberately!