• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum is a Bury fan, just been to get her ticket for tomorrow and been told they have sold just under 300. Very poor considering it's been mentioned on their website as ALL TICKET?

For what it's worth, my mum is now at a point where she wants Lee Clark gone, the rumour mill is in overdrive that a defeat tomorrow could put a final nail in his coffin! Let's hope we can put them to the sword and capitalise on their situation!

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Gardner suspended for this one?

Must admit I had a cursory glance on Sunday regarding yellow cards (looking for clarke mostly - only had 3 somehow!)

Gardner was on 5 but he didn't have one on Saturday so he should have been suspended previously!

Interestingly, Banks is on 4

4 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Must admit I had a cursory glance on Sunday regarding yellow cards (looking for clarke mostly - only had 3 somehow!)

Gardner was on 5 but he didn't have one on Saturday so he should have been suspended previously!

Interestingly, Banks is on 4

Someone asked Matt Chambers about this on twitter. He said that Gardner is listed as having 5 but actually only has 4 officially.  So he should be ok for tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

My mum is a Bury fan, just been to get her ticket for tomorrow and been told they have sold just under 300. Very poor considering it's been mentioned on their website as ALL TICKET?

For what it's worth, my mum is now at a point where she wants Lee Clark gone, the rumour mill is in overdrive that a defeat tomorrow could put a final nail in his coffin! Let's hope we can put them to the sword and capitalise on their situation!

I've seen a few Bury fans bragging on Twitter that they aren't going. Strange bunch.

18 hours ago, nzlatic said:

First league game under Wellens we’ll have gone in to as favourites?

Makes it a big test, and a different challenge to what he’s had so far. Should be a good game. 

First league game against someone below us as well. My mate is a Bury fan and says they have been playing well and have been unlucky. They had more shots on target than Southend on Saturday and hit the bar. I don't think they are going to roll over as easily as we might hope.

24 minutes ago, astottie said:

My mate is a Bury fan and says they have been playing well and have been unlucky. 

I work with a couple of bury fans,and there not coming because they think we will smash em because they are shite..... Funny how peoples opions differ.

38 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Hows the weather? Any chance of a waterlogged pitch, someone on another thread had mentiond the weather.  

The current forecast is terrible. 13 hours of heavy rain before kick off and continuing through the game.  Last year I'd expect this game would have been called off. I seem to remember though, that they discovered a collapsed drain over the summer which was causing the poor drainage, so hopefully the game will be on.

32 minutes ago, bozman said:

The current forecast is terrible. 13 hours of heavy rain before kick off and continuing through the game.  Last year I'd expect this game would have been called off. I seem to remember though, that they discovered a collapsed drain over the summer which was causing the poor drainage, so hopefully the game will be on.

Cheers, flying over for it so im gonna cross everything so that its on!!

2 hours ago, bozman said:

"discovered"

2 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Free entry for under 16's tomorrow, just turn up at the turnstile, no ticket needed (any already purchased will be refunded)

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/october/23102017-under-16s-free/

WHAT ABOUT SEASON TICKET HOLDERS?! FFS. 

... before anyone jumps, I couldn't actually care less - great idea. Do we even make much money off under 16s anyway? Lets just always make it free, they spend shitloads on food and sweets.

Edited by MAC0AFC

2 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Free entry for under 16's tomorrow, just turn up at the turnstile, no ticket needed (any already purchased will be refunded)

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/october/23102017-under-16s-free/

Great timing, get some kids along, if we play the way we have been doing they might want to keep coming back.

4 hours ago, SAV said:

I work with a couple of bury fans,and there not coming because they think we will smash em because they are shite..... Funny how peoples opions differ.

Maybe I should have qualified it by saying that my mate is notoriously one eyed. Let's hope your mates are better judges.