Southend (A)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this one will be postponed to be honest. Placide may well be playing for Haiti away to Macedonia, Ruddy will be called up, as will Dummigan so there's 3. Potentially Byrne to ROI under 21s and unsure whether Nepomuceno's Curacao have a game.

Unfortunately I've booked trains in train sale so no doubt I'll be scrambling for a non league game in London that day! Suggestions welcome!

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

we've got a big squad so let's just play the game

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I think the issue is that we'd only have the one keeper available, and not a particularly good one at that.

On 10/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, unsworthlatic said:

Think this one will be postponed to be honest. Placide may well be playing for Haiti away to Macedonia, Ruddy will be called up, as will Dummigan so there's 3. Potentially Byrne to ROI under 21s and unsure whether Nepomuceno's Curacao have a game.

Unfortunately I've booked trains in train sale so no doubt I'll be scrambling for a non league game in London that day! Suggestions welcome!

not so sure Haiti are playing....Macedonia appear to be at home to Norway that weekend. Also, ROI u21's only play on the Tuesday I think so Byrne probably ok. No idea on Curacao!!

17 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

not so sure Haiti are playing....Macedonia appear to be at home to Norway that weekend. Also, ROI u21's only play on the Tuesday I think so Byrne probably ok. No idea on Curacao!!

That would suit me down to the ground! Just saw something on a Haiti football website that they may be playing Macedonia, hope not! As for Byrne hope he doesn't get put on the standby list once again but either way should be fine for the game! Curacao I couldn't find a fixture for, looks like the game may go ahead then! 

Although saw something extremely surprising that ROI are keeping tabs on Eoin Doyle following recent form.

1 minute ago, unsworthlatic said:

That would suit me down to the ground! Just saw something on a Haiti football website that they may be playing Macedonia, hope not! As for Byrne hope he doesn't get put on the standby list once again but either way should be fine for the game! Curacao I couldn't find a fixture for, looks like the game may go ahead then! 

Although saw something extremely surprising that ROI are keeping tabs on Eoin Doyle following recent form.

In his post match interview the other night Richie talked about the players giving one last push on Saturday before there are 3 weeks without a league game, giving him an opportunity to give squad players a run out in the cup games. Sounds like he is expecting the game to be off.

1 hour ago, bozman said:

In his post match interview the other night Richie talked about the players giving one last push on Saturday before there are 3 weeks without a league game, giving him an opportunity to give squad players a run out in the cup games. Sounds like he is expecting the game to be off.

you are correct, he did say "probably" about the international though.

It's the week before the main body of internationals. Usually in cases like this, we only postpone one game, as some/most of the lads will join up after the Saturday game.

So if we were to call one off due to international call up's wouldn't it be the 18th November against Rochdale?

10 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I reckon we'll be off every international break this season so #TheFrenchLads can go home to Holland & Belgium and that to see their families.....