Next 5 league games-how many points will we get??

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wanna be unrealistic (or ungrateful) but after a catastrophic start and without knowing what players we will have past January, while we have this team and are playing great and scoring, and win the teams coming up til end of December, if we want any chance of a play off push we need to win a lot of these games. Otherwise it could very well be another bottom half finish. However I'm loving life at the moment, keep it up!

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

another 4 points from the remaining 4 games?  why would you reckon that?  

Trying to be pessimistic so then I'm not disappointed haha. But also, I thought we looked extremely tired on Tuesday, not sure if tomorow may be a bit to soon for some of them. But I'm loving watching us play at this time, and we have great depth in the squad 

• 3 weeks later...

Need to just enjoy the ride. Was looking at the form tables over the last 5 games this morning.

Of the top six we are still losing ground on all of them other than Bradford who picked up 7/15

Of the bottom seven Gillingham and Plymouth match us, Northampton are catching us 10/15

We aren't that far above the bottom 4- apart from Bury who need a Sheridan second half season - they all still look in with a shout

Perhaps the best thing the form table says is about the other guys in the top ten. we are catching them

3 pts more than Oxford, 2 more than Rotherham, 3 more than Fleetwood, 2 more than Portsmouth

Entertaining football, decent results should see us safe with top ten a possibility.

On 26/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, josh_latics said:

I'll give anyone on this board odds of 10,000/1 of us taking 14 points from those 5, if anyone fancies it...

Sack the maths. I'm a gambling man and those odds are too tempting. PM me where to send me tenner.

Edited by longtimeblue