Next 5 league games-how many points will we get??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23 October 2017 at 4:19 PM, Londonboy said:

Just noticed 4 of our next 5 league games are at home...and all 5 games are winable.

Bury H 

Scunny H

Southend A...where we usually do well

Dale H

Wimbledon H

10 points minimum I recon and we are well in the mix for the playoffs!!

Then Gillingham A where again we seem to do well and Northampton H so Happy Days (I hope)

Well it turned out to be 7..........8 from 6 with Gillingham game.. ....and just 6 goals in last 6 games

Look, all this talk of the playoffs was pie in the sky, if and I mean a big IF!! We finish in the top 12 it is a massive improvement, then next season let’s dream of a top 6 finish...?

Edited by oafc21

Two draws and a loss means we are now looking behind us rather than up the table.  Nine points from our three home games should ease us forward but I suspect it is more likely to be seven from five and if we start being cautious could be even less.

19 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Two draws and a loss means we are now looking behind us rather than up the table.  Nine points from our three home games should ease us forward but I suspect it is more likely to be seven from five and if we start being cautious could be even less.

I see there being a lot of potential issues post January so I hope we get over the 30 point mark by the end of 2017.

On the paper the fixtures are kind to us this month, but no goals in 3 games against fellow bottom half teams is a concern.  I can't predict any of our upcoming games as I can see ways that we could win or lose all of them, but I hope that Wellens has a plan B if we don't score in the next game or 2 or else we could be back in the drop zone at the turn of the year.