Scunthorpe (H)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interesting to see what the crowd is for this one. Sure the crowd was up for the Bury game even with the rain but I am unsure how the free under 16 tickets helped.

This being a mid-table club with not the best form or large following this Saturday's game will be a true test of how the Oldham fan base is headed numerically wise.

Mid-table team? A bit harsh - think if we get to eight and out of the play-offs on GD only (albeit having played more games, but still only 2 points off genuinely being in them) we’d not consider ourselves mid table.

A home game we should of course be aiming to win, but I hope that the last minute excitement doesn’t stop RW and the team reviewing the performance last night and focusing on that it wasn’t as good as we have been.

A team involved in highest aggregate goals per game this season (57) v the team with the lowest (26). Should be interesting on Saturday. 

We are now only 6 goals short of last seasons total goals scored and on track to move from the team involved in the lowest aggregate games to the highest after conceding only 44 goals last term but already shipped 32 this term.

We are raining goals. 

8 minutes ago, Simoncorneyisgod said:

They will have been watching last night obviously and will try and load their left hand side (our right) and expose Dummy again - Might see Richie change tactics and formation to counter it again 

RW is more likely to amend the system for the Checkatrade game I feel.

Byrne and Gardner in particular have done a lot of running the last few games and may be asked for one more effort before a well earned rest.

Edited by BP1960

They may overload on the right but they need to give consideration to some of our attacking threats too now which isn't something many clubs have had to consider in the past few seasons.

Nepomuceno might be needed. Just wondering if we can play him and Menig.

5 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

Mid-table team? A bit harsh - think if we get to eight and out of the play-offs on GD only (albeit having played more games, but still only 2 points off genuinely being in them) we’d not consider ourselves mid table.

A home game we should of course be aiming to win, but I hope that the last minute excitement doesn’t stop RW and the team reviewing the performance last night and focusing on that it wasn’t as good as we have been.

I think he meant Scunthorpe...

8 hours ago, ChrisA said:

They may overload on the right but they need to give consideration to some of our attacking threats too now which isn't something many clubs have had to consider in the past few seasons.

Nepomuceno might be needed. Just wondering if we can play him and Menig.

I'd be surprised if Queensy starts on Saturday. Especially if the others in midfield are tired he needs to put more in. I've been told he looked fucked quite early at Dongs, he might be better used sparingly until he's fitter and knows what is needed at this level 

6 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I'd be surprised if Queensy starts on Saturday. Especially if the others in midfield are tired he needs to put more in. I've been told he looked fucked quite early at Dongs, he might be better used sparingly until he's fitter and knows what is needed at this level 

First half at MK be looked dangerous when on the ball but he definitely tired early. 

Last night felt he did very little. Work ethic and defensive quality are evidently not what he is all about. He does not want to put his foot in.  Given Bury had control of the midfield I thought Omrani was the correct change and helped take back control of the game. 

He is obviously a talented player but don’t think he is quite yet up to speed and I too would not expect him to start on Saturday.  

3 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

First half at MK be looked dangerous when on the ball but he definitely tired early. 

Last night felt he did very little. Work ethic and defensive quality are evidently not what he is all about. He does not want to put his foot in.  Given Bury had control of the midfield I thought Omrani was the correct change and helped take back control of the game. 

He is obviously a talented player but don’t think he is quite yet up to speed and I too would not expect him to start on Saturday.  

Scunthorpe appear to be a defensive minded outfit so he could start if RW feels we can get at them early on.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Scunthorpe appear to be a defensive minded outfit so he could start if RW feels we can get at them early on.

Don't they play Josh Morris wide left? If so I'd say Wellens has no option but to change things about as that lad could have a field day the way we set up.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Don't they play Josh Morris wide left? If so I'd say Wellens has no option but to change things about as that lad could have a field day the way we set up.

You could be right, we may have to play a right winger in this one.

Scunthorpe will have noted our tactics so we may have to surprise and change them.

Dummigan has to stay at right back so who would that be the right winger?

Edited by BP1960

I think Omrani will start on Saturday. He deserves it.He looks a class above this division. Good first touch,sees a pass,can tackle and works hard. Wouldn't be surprised if he also has a few goals in him. Otherwise unchanged. Keep Menig fresh for the last 20mins if needed. We also have a fit Green if Byrne runs himself into the ground again. Its great having all these choices as against last season.

Just got an extra ticket for Scunny and was told that they are selling very well and interest is way above the norm.

Could have 5k home fans this week with a bit of luck... not mind blowing by any means but definitely a step in the right directions!

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Just got an extra ticket for Scunny and was told that they are selling very well and interest is way above the norm.

Could have 5k home fans this week with a bit of luck... not mind blowing by any means but definitely a step in the right directions!

Doubt we will have 5k home fans for a game against Scunny. But an increase on usual 4k (Saturday) would be welcomed.

Attractive, entertaining, winning football can do wonders for crowds, who'd have thunk it.