Scunthorpe (H)

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Not getting this......why sacrifice one from a very effective forward line to accommodate McLaughlin in a midfield five. This is Robinson thinking here......stop the opposition scoring and hope we nick a goal somewhere!!!

Let Wellens manage his way.....it may be roller coaster bur it's great football.

Get what you are saying but does not mean with a little tinkering we become more solid whilst still playing attractive football without the need to be scoring 3 plus goals per game, if that balance is found you never know we could make a cheeky push for the play offs.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I have it on good authority that we dont have to pay Wolves if he isn't played. 

Makes Shez look even more stubborn to not play Placide. 

Thoughts @oafcshuck :lol:

I don't get your point? Shez didn't want to play him, end of. He's kept 1 clean sheet in 6. Hardly magical is he. I'd no doubt given 3 or 4 more games, Sheridan would have changed it. Nothing to do with stubborness, it was just his selection choice.

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

I don't get your point? Shez didn't want to play him, end of. He's kept 1 clean sheet in 6. Hardly magical is he. I'd no doubt given 3 or 4 more games, Sheridan would have changed it. Nothing to do with stubborness, it was just his selection choice.

Minimum 1 month ban for this, mods. 

20 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

He's kept 1 clean sheet in 6 jesus. Yes he's good on the eye, yes he's decent. People make it out like he's Manuel Neur though. He ain't a patch on Connor Ripley.

I do like Placide, and he's definitely the best keeper at the club, but this post is about where I am too...

7 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

He's kept 1 clean sheet in 6 jesus. Yes he's good on the eye, yes he's decent. People make it out like he's Manuel Neur though. He ain't a patch on Connor Ripley.

Bluddy hell.....you put forward some really crap arguments. Nobody is comparing to Nauer or Conor Ripley but he is being compared to the two goalkeepers Sheridan brought in, one of whom he would have persisted with and that is why people refer to Sheridan' stubbornness. If he had remained, he may well have brought in Placide after 3 to 4 games but that would have 9 or 12 points less.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Bluddy hell.....you put forward some really crap arguments. Nobody is comparing to Nauer or Conor Ripley but he is being compared to the two goalkeepers Sheridan brought in, one of whom he would have persisted with and that is why people refer to Sheridan' stubbornness. If he had remained, he may well have brought in Placide after 3 to 4 games but that would have 9 or 12 points less.

I put forward some crap arguments. You've basically just said with Placide in net we'd get 12 points from 4 games, with Ruddy or Wilson we'd have got 0. That's absolute rubbish. You're making them sound like a 16 year 5 foot goalkeeper. They're more than capable and wouldn't cost us games week on week. Jesus.

33 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I put forward some crap arguments. You've basically just said with Placide in net we'd get 12 points from 4 games, with Ruddy or Wilson we'd have got 0. That's absolute rubbish. You're making them sound like a 16 year 5 foot goalkeeper. They're more than capable and wouldn't cost us games week on week. Jesus.

FFS......you are suffering from a severe case of hard of understanding!!!

Last 4 league games under Sheridan - 1 point with Ruddy.

First 4 league games under Wellens - 10 points with Placide.

WHAT MORE F*CKING EVIDENCE DO YOU B*STARD WELL NEED???

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I do like Placide, and he's definitely the best keeper at the club, but this post is about where I am too...

Luckily we aren’t comparing him to either, we are comparing him to Ruddy. 

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

But they did cost us games week on week... 

48 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Luckily we aren’t comparing him to either, we are comparing him to Ruddy. 

But they did cost us games week on week... 

And Ruddy continues to do so, Scunthorpe . With Placide in the nets we have not lost one game . He’s played division one football in France. He’s a confident guy and spreads confidence to the defence and the rest of the team. His distribution is the best we have seen at BP for the last 10 years . I cannot understand why people are knocking him. He’s 100% better than Ruddy or Wilson.

Edited by Smiler13

6 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

FFS......you are suffering from a severe case of hard of understanding!!!

Last 4 league games under Sheridan - 1 point with Ruddy.

First 4 league games under Wellens - 10 points with Placide.

WHAT MORE F*CKING EVIDENCE DO YOU B*STARD WELL NEED???

Jesus.

Go back and check last season. Oh and the season before.

Tell you what, check the picture in the 'Thanks John' thread.

After those two seasons, questioning his judgement, Jesus. Actually don't get it. It baffles me. What he did with this club in the last two seasons was remarkable.

Just remember, a former premier league footballer said even Mourinho wouldn't keep us up.

Guess what. John did.

4 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Jesus.

After those two seasons, questioning his judgement, Jesus. Actually don't get it. It baffles me. What he did with this club in the last two seasons was remarkable.

Just remember, a former premier league footballer said even Mourinho wouldn't keep us up.

Guess what. John did.

I admire and respect Shez for all that he has done. Unfortunately it's a results business, and this season he wasn't getting them. As has been said many times already, you need to let him go. In fact, perhaps you need a holiday from OWTB and we need a holiday from you!

I think the former premier league footballer to whom you refer was the one and only (thank God) David Dunn, no? Now, he may have been a decent footballer. As a manager he was out of his depth, so please don't cite him in evidence for the great achievements of Shez last season......unless you're gong to tell us Shez is a better manager than Mourinho?!

Just let it go. We might as well sit around and call for Joe Royle's return. Won't happen, pointless.

7 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Jesus.

Guess what. John did.

Okaaayy.......so many people have got it wrong about Sheridan!!! Maybe you should start a petition to get him reinstated because clearly Wellens is not fit to lace Sheridan's managerial boots.

Nobody is criticising Sheridan for miraculously keeping us up during those two seasons but football is like investments......past performance is no guarantee for the future. Your argument is based on hero-worship and blind faith with nothing to back it up.......but I will counter your blind faith with a comment he made on GMR shortly after his resignation where he stated he felt he couldn't motivate the players......that singular comment points to the possibility of the club spiralling downwards in a manner similar to his departure in 2009.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2017 at 7:43 AM, mikejh45 said:

Okaaayy.......so many people have got it wrong about Sheridan!!! Maybe you should start a petition to get him reinstated because clearly Wellens is not fit to lace Sheridan's managerial boots.

Nobody is criticising Sheridan for miraculously keeping us up during those two seasons but football is like investments......past performance is no guarantee for the future. Your argument is based on hero-worship and blind faith with nothing to back it up.......but I will counter your blind faith with a comment he made on GMR shortly after his resignation where he stated he felt he couldn't motivate the players......that singular comment points to the possibility of the club spiralling downwards in a manner similar to his departure in 2009.

‘Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forwards’

Soren Kierkegaard.

?

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

‘Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forwards’

Soren Kierkegaard.

?

6 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Just read that very same quote yesterday in a book by Hakan Nesser. 

Read that very same quote in the i newspaper yesterday.