Scunthorpe (H)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Just got an extra ticket for Scunny and was told that they are selling very well and interest is way above the norm.

Could have 5k home fans this week with a bit of luck... not mind blowing by any means but definitely a step in the right directions!

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Doubt we will have 5k home fans for a game against Scunny. But an increase on usual 4k (Saturday) would be welcomed.

Attractive, entertaining, winning football can do wonders for crowds, who'd have thunk it.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Well the 4500 who turned up for that display on Tuesday should be eager to return...I think if the weather is favourable we could be pleasantly surprised!

Aswell as it being free for kids on Tuesday there seemed to be a lot of unfamiliar adult faces aswell. Few of whom seemed to be there with a kid.

Two lads I know who have only gone occasionally for the last several seasons are loving it at the moment and getting to every game again. I imagine there are others like that...

1 hour ago, robboman said:

Ruddy could be in net for this following Placide's awful news

If Ruddy is in the net on Saturday you might as well give Scunthorpe the three points now. He can’t catch crosses, he’s hopeless at stopping shots and his distribution is crap. 

16 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

If Ruddy is in the net on Saturday you might as well give Scunthorpe the three points now. He can’t catch crosses, he’s hopeless at stopping shots and his distribution is crap. 

Not sure about this, whilst Jonny has been superb in so many ways, we have still let goals in. Our defence needs to tighten up (and defensive midfield)....what we can't rely on is our replacement keeper to play a 50 yard "quarterback" style pass to our forwards!! 

I'd hope that PC and the others will be extra determined to keep a clean sheet for Jonny and keep the momentum going.

Do most think he will or won’t play?

obv no one could fault him if he was with his family etc

but sometimes players play after such a loss in tribute to those lost?

time for the club and fans to show our support... which I’ve no doubt they will do 

58 minutes ago, robboman said:

Do most think he will or won’t play?

obv no one could fault him if he was with his family etc

but sometimes players play after such a loss in tribute to those lost?

time for the club and fans to show our support... which I’ve no doubt they will do 

I get the feeling he’ll play and then go home afterwards. Wouldn’t blame him if he’s gone already though - awful situation for him :(

23 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I get the feeling he’ll play and then go home afterwards. Wouldn’t blame him if he’s gone already though - awful situation for him :(

Seen a post on Facebook on oafc’s post on the subject, one of his fellow countryman who obviously follows him said Jonny’s devastated about the loss as he was close to his mum. So wouldn’t be surprised if he was off on compassionate leave for a bit. What an emotional rollercoaster this last week for him has been ?

Whether the big man plays or not it will be the right decision.  

Would like to see Omrani start for either Byrne/Gardner to give them a rest but they will both more than likely play with Menig dropping to bench if Omrani is to play?  

Or do we stick with the winning formula and rest players on Tue.  Think we may not have the legs for another tuff 90 mins if it happens, Wellens making subs at right time though so its a quandary!

29 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Would like to see Omrani start for either Byrne/Gardner to give them a rest but they will both more than likely play with Menig dropping to bench if Omrani is to play?  

Or do we stick with the winning formula and rest players on Tue.  Think we may not have the legs for another tuff 90 mins if it happens, Wellens making subs at right time though so its a quandary!

Why change something that ain't broken? There's always a temptation to tinker but for me this groups still responding and the only change should be tactically to plug that gap down our right flank, if Byrne can be a little more disciplined there's no reason why the same team can't get another favourable result.

41 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Can't see Gardner or Byrne being rested for a league match, that would be silly.

Placide strikes me as the type of chap who will play today.

10 minutes ago, Hands on said:

We don't have a game this Tuesday so no need to rest anybody however I wouldn't start Queensy because he is a substitution waiting to happen and that limits the scope for tactical changes.  My only change would be Omrani.

Very sad for Johny.

Only problem with that theory is you have CM playing CM, a CM playing CM, a CM playing RW and a CM playing LW.

Same XI for me.