2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Roy mentioned on commentary Tuesday night that Tony P was now stepping up to help with the first team on an ongoing basis, whilst still running the youths. Assume we'll still be getting a new assistant in though?

Would think so. Paul Terry is still here, but he was more pitchside on Tuesday, the other bloke who was with him against Bastards wasn't in the directors box on Tuesday either (presumably he was pitchside too).

Think Barraclough and Shirtliff were in the directors box on Tuesday. They might have been scouting though.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Think Barraclough and Shirtliff were in the directors box on Tuesday. They might have been scouting though.

If it was Barraclough, I suspect he’ll have been scouting for Scunny.

Maybe Shirtliff is still a possibility then?

On Wellens 2nd part of the Bury pre match interview. He stated that the club had been in discussions with 2 people.

1 had ties with the club previously but Latics couldn’t afford his wage demands maybe that was Shirtliff. 

The other one is currently in employment with another club and he didn’t want to let them down. 

So the search goes on. 

Edited by cornishblue

4 minutes ago, cornishblue said:

On Wellens 2nd part of the Bury pre match interview. He stated that the club had been in discussions with 2 people.

1 had ties with the club previously but Latin’s couldn’t afford his wage demands maybe that was Shirtliff. 

The other one is currently in employment with another club and he didn’t want to let them down. 

So the search goes on. 

You got that mixed up. Shirtliff didn’t want to let his current employer down. The other previous assistant at Man Utd was too expensive. 

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Do you reckon that was him BP? Definite possibility based on the LinkedIn picture.

I thought that, maybe an old pic. I've occasionally used some from the 1970s. Doesn't work when they meet me in real life.:wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, super_blue said:

Now we await the arrival of Paul Jewell to take over from him ?

Loads of experience, but what has he been up to since he left West Brom two and a half years ago? That's a fair old time to be away from the game, unless he's been involved somewhere I haven't spotted.

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Loads of experience, but what has he been up to since he left West Brom two and a half years ago? That's a fair old time to be away from the game, unless he's been involved somewhere I haven't spotted.

Even if he's had a sabbatical it would still be an exciting appointment and he's spent years in and around the game, I don't think he will of lost the vast amount of knowledge and experience by not being hands on for a couple of seasons, I feel it's as good as we could of hoped for.

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Most often in the public eye watching League One games on Soccer Saturday on international weekends.

Managerial statistics[edit]

As of 24 October 2012[32]
Managerial record by team and tenure
Team From To Record
P W D L Win %
Bradford City 6 January 1998 18 June 2000 117 46 26 45 39.3
Sheffield Wednesday 21 June 2000 12 February 2001 38 12 5 21 31.6
Wigan Athletic 12 June 2001 14 May 2007 291 127 74 90 43.6
Derby County 28 November 2007 28 December 2008 58 12 15 31 20.7
Ipswich Town 13 January 2011 24 October 2012 85 29 18 38 34.1
Total 590 227 138 225 38.5

Honours[edit]