Carlisle (A)

Bit of an odd one to call this.

With a full strength team I'd imagine we'd win fairly comfortably, but are all our loanees available to play?

Add that to the obvious possibility that Placide won't play and it could be a tricky one.  Carlisle will be physical so hopefully we can stand up to the challenge.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lad who used to play for Springhead scored his first Carlisle goal at the weekend. Probably out to prove a point cos we turned him away a year or so ago on trial.

Hope we go with a strong team to win the game - obviously a lot will depend on City, Wigan and Preston, but we need to line up as strong as we can, get the game won and then give our fringe players half an hour...

15 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I guess that we will get an indication of whether we have a chance of renewing loans in January if loanees are allowed to play or not.

Or an indication that they have already thought about selling to someone else.  Charlton have said they have talked to some clubs about getting a striker in during January

2 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

A trip to Wembley is of course available in the 3rd round this year 

God no. Couldn't think of anything worse. Would feel like a fraud watching us play there by default.

Would take a draw. Another Tuesday game I can get too, would be cheap, and realistically in the aim of getting to the next round isn't a bad outcome giving us home advantage.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Really ??? Some strange logic going on there, you'd probably much rather us rock up at Deepdale then again I presume!!!

Yes. Want the first time I watch us there to be a cup final or a play-off final. The semi's being played there annoy me but I suppose that's the way the game is at the moment.

56 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

God no. Couldn't think of anything worse. Would feel like a fraud watching us play there by default.

Would take a draw. Another Tuesday game I can get too, would be cheap, and realistically in the aim of getting to the next round isn't a bad outcome giving us home advantage.

Ha! I’m in the same camp but it’s still a possibility 

17 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Ha! We're bottom of the L1 fair play table and have 38 bookings to their 20!

Not saying that they're dirty necessarily, but Curle likes to play with big centre backs and at least 1 target man.  Nicky Adams' crosses will be their biggest threat but we should exploit their lack of pace at the back.

12 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Yes. Want the first time I watch us there to be a cup final or a play-off final. The semi's being played there annoy me but I suppose that's the way the game is at the moment.

Dont go then if it happens. We will have 3 other trips to Wembley before the seasons over anyway.

15 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

It is not new you know-the Mark Hughes stab in the heart goal was a cup semi final many years ago.