Carlisle (A)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see why City wouldnt let us play Bryan hes not going to be playing in their first team when they have over £200million of talent in defence alone.

Byrne and Doyle likely have no future at their respective clubs so again I don't see it as that bigger problem and I doubt it would put any potential suitors off them come january if they are cup tied.

I hope we go full strength for this we should do in the FA cup Id like us to progress apart from it helping our players and staff get paid on time Id like a big game in the 3rd or 4th round to look forward to after christmas.

Edited by GlossopLatic

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I cant see why City wouldnt let us play Bryan hes not going to be playing in their first team when they have over £200million of talent in defence alone.

Byrne and Doyle likely have no future at their respective clubs so again I don't see it as that bigger problem and I doubt it would put any potential suitors off them come january if they are cup tied.

Who will be the goalkeeper, with 2 loanees and JP on compassionate leave?  

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Do we know that Placide won't be back? Have I missed something?

On ifollow Wellens said he wasnt back yet and he'd told him to take as much time as he needs. Didn't say he definitely won't be back for Saturday, but I got the impression he isn't expecting him to play.

As Doyle, Byrne and Bryan's loan deals run out on 1st. January, their clubs may not want them cup-tied so that they could play in future rounds for other clubs. Moisley said on the radio that we are in talks to resign them, but it doesn't mean they will stay. Preston may decide to cash in on Doyle because his value has increased significantly by his recent record, or they may want him to play for them.

2 hours ago, bozman said:

On ifollow Wellens said he wasnt back yet and he'd told him to take as much time as he needs. Didn't say he definitely won't be back for Saturday, but I got the impression he isn't expecting him to play.

Cheers. Could go either way then. 

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:38 PM, oafcshuck said:

Yes. Want the first time I watch us there to be a cup final or a play-off final. The semi's being played there annoy me but I suppose that's the way the game is at the moment.

I hear what you're saying, but I think Wembley has lost a lot of the magic it used to hold.  It's an expensive bowl of a stadium that seems to be used by the FA when it suits to pay-off the massive debt it's created.

Spurs away in the third round, cash in and use the money to build a squad for a play-off push, please!

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Don't we have a bit of history with this clown?

Didn't he have a complete shocker when all the players on both sides, both sets of supporters and the Latics commentators couldn't believe how inept he was? I seem to remember he only 4th official somewhere the week after.

59 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Didn't he have a complete shocker when all the players on both sides, both sets of supporters and the Latics commentators couldn't believe how inept he was? I seem to remember he only 4th official somewhere the week after.

It comes to something when we are more worried about a referee than the opposition.

Too many clowns in black, these days.

20 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Unless Wellens is keeping their availability up his sleeve to disrupt Carlisle’s preparations. Fingers crossed anyway

I'd be surprised if we didn't know the situation with the loan players so close to the game. I think you are right and he is trying to keep Carlisle in the dark.

They've just published the second part of the Wellens press conference (where the journalists ask the quetions) from yesterday. He said one of the loan players has been refused permission to play by his club, but wouldn't say which one, as he wants to keep Carlisle guessing.

Also said he hopes to have an assitant in place for the Rochdale game. He said it is dependent on if the finances will be in place to do it, so I suppose it may be linked to the takeover going through.

Edited by bozman