Carlisle (A)

11 minutes ago, bozman said:

They've just published the second part of the Wellens press conference (where the journalists ask the quetions) from yesterday. He said one of the loan players has been refused permission to play by his club, but wouldn't say which one, as he wants to keep Carlisle guessing.

Also said he hopes to have an assitant in place for the Rochdale game. He said it is dependent on if the finances will be in place to do it, so I suppose it may be linked to the takeover going through.

I'm fairly certain it'll be Doyle that's been refused permission. Hope I'm wrong tho.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Which implies we can't meet their valuation

It does currently but we may well get first refusal if our circumstances change. Couple of League 1 teams sniffing around already and there may well be offers from the Championship so much depends on AL's takeover and his plans for the club, if we somehow managed to pull it off it would be one heck of a statement. 

22 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What's parking like at Carlisle?

Last time I parked on the main road not long after I turned off the motorway, there is a Rugby Club on the right that charges for parking, or it might be a cricket club I cant remember. But as long as you dont go past the ground you should be ok, not too bad for getting away after the game too. 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I pretty sure your right, Preston are moving him on in January and don't want him cup tied. Makes sense on their part really. 

2 hours ago, Fruitygoo said:

Which implies we can't meet their valuation

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He'll have probably already gone by then. At least one other L1 club are happy to take over his hefty wages...

If a few people can make good on the promise in the song it'll be reet.... 

If Doyle is going in January then it will be to a team who will be signing him to get out of this league not to play in 3rd or 4th round of the FA cup. Hes unlikely to go to a championship club as he hasnt cut it at that level but he is shit hot at this level hes like Luke Beckett in this respect. He will start today.