Best Youth Product?

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

At either 16/17... Clearly the way to go!

Isn’t that the reason Udders have ditched some of their youth set up.... ie they’ll let the bigger clubs hoard scores of youths and pick up the Mooy’s when they can’t fit them in front of the multi million pound foreign legions that litter their 2nd and 3rd string eleven....!?!

Edited by lookersstandandy

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

I probably unfairly consider him in the Richard Graham, Paul Rickers, McNivens, Beresford, Allott, John Eyre era of ok but worse than what came before....

To be fair to Serrant I thought he was a class above at the time and was unfortunate not to go on to better things.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

To be fair to Serrant I thought he was a class above at the time and was unfortunate not to go on to better things.

That whole era frustrates me even now.... it took me a good 5 years to reset my expectations after being spoilt rotten for much of the decade that preceded it.

Gerrard. Sold him for £800,000 rising to £1.5million at a time when the world record for a GK wasn't much more than that. 

Loads of England youth appearances. If Tarky plays for England/Poland I think he trumps Gerrard, although like someone said we signed him from someone else, I think it was Man U, but until then Gerrard. 

Mike Milligan played for Ireland so he is in contention.